Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Reg certificate advice.

(7 Posts)
SillyMillysMummy Thu 30-Oct-08 09:49:14

New CM, just reading my reg certificate and it says

may care fr no more than 5 children under 8 years, of those not more than 2 may be in the early years age group, and of these not more than 1 may be under 1 year at any one time.

question: does that include my own dd? my understanding was that you could have 3 preschool children at any one time.

hpgoneforgood Thu 30-Oct-08 09:53:16

Hi, your DD isn't included in the numbers stated on your certificate so you can have two plus your DD. Does that make sense? Confused me when I first started.

SillyMillysMummy Thu 30-Oct-08 09:54:49

great yes, thanks smile

TheOtherMaryPumpkins Thu 30-Oct-08 14:49:16

Where are you based? I am in Scotland and my own children certainly DO count in the numbers on the registration certificate. If you aren't sure, call your development officer to double check, better a quick phone call to check than be over your numbers and operating illegally.

TZ Tue 04-Nov-08 06:31:56

I am confused too, i was under the understanding that if my dd was with my husband or her grandparents then i could have 3 under 5yrs mindees but my cert says 2???

NumberFour Tue 04-Nov-08 07:16:11

You can only ever have the number stated on your reg certificate even if your under 5 year old is not with you. I have one under 5 and can only have 2 under 5 at anyone time. So that is my son, and 2 under 5s even if he is away.

KatyMac Tue 04-Nov-08 08:12:50

No4 is correct

DD was counted for me even if she was out with DH (also a reg childminder) - now it doesn't matter as she is nearly 11

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now