Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

nightmare nanny job i want out NOW

(6 Posts)
meagainhowcanileave Wed 29-Oct-08 21:03:11

Bosses are making my life a nightmare. Am on week 3 of 4 weeks notice. I am physically ill just now (Dr confirmed) this illness may take a while to get over, if I am not well enough to return what happens?

However even if I am better, I am stressing out about my last 3 days next week

I cant go in to too much detail on here, if you need more info to advise then I do have CAT.

Millarkie Wed 29-Oct-08 21:17:44

If you are too ill to work, then you are too ill to work..so you should take sick leave (what is in your contract? SSP? Can you afford to take sick leave?)
Have you another job to go to (ie. Have they already contacted your current employer for a reference?)

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 29-Oct-08 21:29:15

sorry to hear that working your notice isnt going well.

if doctor has said you are ill, then get a medical note and tell your employers asap that you cant reutrn so that they can try and make alturnative childcare

on the other hand - it is 3 days and would it be that bad to work it

only you can decide that as depending on what your illness/how ill you are x

meagainhowcanileave Wed 29-Oct-08 21:52:33

If I am too ill I won't go in for definite - the illness means I am falling over/staggering and thats extreemly unsafe obviously. Perhaps its just cos I feel ill I cant imagine going back it seems so awful now.

Yes have another job - thats why I handed in my notice. They didnt want a reference from current bosses, they already have a glowing one from my previous employers and have looked after their kids loads anyway so they know me.

I am trying so very hard to be professional and tough it out, I just guess I am so sad I have ended up in a nanny job where I feel like this and its very hard knowing these children will not be in my life, its a very strange feeling.

Millarkie Wed 29-Oct-08 22:15:15

Do you have to drive for your current nanny job? If so, and you have lack of balance (is it an inner ear problem - I had that this year) you really shouldn't be trying to work, too dangerous (I almost drove off the road trying to pick the kids up from school when I had labyrinthitus, had kidded myself that I would be fine!)

bigdonna Fri 31-Oct-08 09:32:23

i would send doctors note,if you are dreading it that much it probably is making you physically ill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now