Talk

Advanced search

Swedish nanny?

(11 Posts)
Corina1 Wed 09-Mar-05 19:36:00

Hello,
I am looking for a swedish nanny for my little
girl Melina. We live in Kensal Green and are looking for someone in September! Help!

OP’s posts: |
lilyblossom Wed 09-Mar-05 19:43:59

Why does she or he have to be from sweden?

bundle Wed 09-Mar-05 19:45:32

have you tried gumtree.com

FairyMum Wed 09-Mar-05 19:55:58

Try advertising in the Swedish church

Corina1 Thu 10-Mar-05 20:03:18

Its not like I have a thing for Swedish nannies, its just that I am swedish and would like my daughter to be able to speak swedish even if we live here! Sorry if came across the wrong way!
Thank you also for you tips of where to look - will get in touch with swedish church and gumtree.com!

princesspeahead Thu 10-Mar-05 20:16:00

There is also a swedish school in barnes - it might be worth sticking up a notice in there because I'd have thought swedish nannies thinking of moving jobs may well be dropping off their charges.

and why don't you live in barnes? everyone other swede I know in london does?!!!

Corina1 Fri 11-Mar-05 20:23:55

Wow - I didn't even know there was a swedish
school in Barnes...and to be honest I don't even know where Barnes is? I moved to london to live in a metropolitan city not a mini sweden. Thank you for the tip! I will get in touch with them!

princesspeahead Fri 11-Mar-05 23:31:59

barnes is just south of the river from hammersmith. very green and nice!
good luck

majorstress Sat 12-Mar-05 14:48:53

if you look on greataupair.com you can search for someone according to their nationality or languages spoken. probably on other sites too but this is the best for that sort of thing I think. They have lots of nannies not just au pairs.

Corina1 Sat 12-Mar-05 19:21:23

Thank you for the tip majorstress...I will check it out now! Its all so hard so appreciate all
the advice!

chocchip1 Mon 17-Jul-17 19:46:37

I've used Swedish Nannies before, they were really good, their site is www.swedishnannies.com

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in