Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nannying while waiting for CM reg?

(5 Posts)
Tabbykat Mon 27-Oct-08 17:34:43

I'm waiting for my CM registration to be completed - seems to be taking ages for the CRBs to come back!Somebody has recommended me to a potential client and she is really keen for her boy to start with me, especially as her current CM is leaving minding very soon. I've heard that it may be possible for me to look after her boy if I do it in her home while we're waiting - can anyone shed any light / confirm if this is true? If so, can anyone let me know what I need to do next or what I need to have in place so that I can get going... Any advice much appreciated! x

nannyL Mon 27-Oct-08 17:50:16

well anyone can be a nanny, so yes you could

the parents would have to become ypour emplyer and pay your Tax / NI to inland rev, and if they wanted to use vouchers, you would need be registered under the ofstead scheme (I expect your CM qualification and 1st aid would be fine but you would need nanny insurance as well £60 / year).... i reapplied for mine at the very beginning of september and still not herd anything, so there must be a back log on that too hmm...

but yes if they were to become your employers there is no reason why you couldnt do it

OFSTEDoutstanding Tue 28-Oct-08 10:24:48

Be warned I did this and because it was in their house I followed their rules regarding TV and play and after school activities even though I didn't agree with them, then when I started minding them at my own home I had other mindees I ended up giving notice as the family felt that I wasn't giving their children as good care anymore so got very demanding and critical

Tabbykat Tue 28-Oct-08 15:45:04

Thanks for the tips! I'm hoping that it won't take too much longer as don't want her to get bored of waiting or change her mind about him coming, but not sure how practical it is to arrange everything for what will (hopefully)be a quite short period.Thanks for the suggestions x

ActiveC Tue 28-Oct-08 18:46:14

I'm a former nanny. If you plan on minding the child after your registration, make it clear to the parents from the outset that you will have to do things in accordance with ofsted requirements.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now