Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I am having a nightmare

(20 Posts)
Mosschops30 Tue 08-Mar-05 18:58:23

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Tue 08-Mar-05 19:00:38

go and see them

you cannot make any kind of decision until you interview them

Mosschops30 Tue 08-Mar-05 19:03:02

Message withdrawn

Mosschops30 Tue 08-Mar-05 19:13:37

Message withdrawn

annh Tue 08-Mar-05 19:18:24

And what did you think of the four that you interviewed?

Mosschops30 Tue 08-Mar-05 19:22:54

Message withdrawn

tiffini Tue 08-Mar-05 19:28:20

for peace of mind visit your local social sevices, they can reasure you that these childminders are registered, how long they have been registerd, and if there have been any previous concerns about their childcare skills. mothers who leave thier children with childminders have to fill in a report yearly for OFSTED, social services recieve a copy of these reports, so if they are glowing reports they should be able to inform you

Mosschops30 Tue 08-Mar-05 19:31:02

Message withdrawn

tiffini Tue 08-Mar-05 19:34:44

that is awfull, iwould stay well clear of that one, if she did that while you were there what would she be like when no one is watching

Twiglett Tue 08-Mar-05 19:36:21

the one who was quite nice .. if she was up against other good childminders what would make her right for your child?

tiffini Tue 08-Mar-05 19:39:31

you could go back for a second interview and if you decide to use her you could try my trick and turn up early accasionally, they do say a mothers instinct counts for a lot

KatieMac Tue 08-Mar-05 19:39:41

Hang on Mosschops, I have been instructed (ie ordered) to remove 'Ted' from DT1's mouth 'cos as his Mummy says "He only needs it when he wants to sleep". He cries piteously when I remove it and I have to keep it on a very high shelf to keep it out of his sight. I feel terrible but have to follow Mums rules.....she might have a similar situation......

I'm not saying she was the right C/Mer for you just that there may have been a reason for the teddy incident...

KatieMac Tue 08-Mar-05 19:42:11

Twiglette is right don't settle for second best...even if you have to go out of your area....you'll know the C/Mer who is right for you

blodwen Tue 08-Mar-05 19:46:08

Wait til you've met the other one on Friday. She might be perfect for you. If there's not much to choose between the 2, ask for telephone numbers of current parents from both, and phone them or ask to meet them. You will probably get a 'feel' then if either of them is right for you. If not, try CIS again, things change all the time.

miamum Tue 08-Mar-05 20:09:08

Hi

Did you have DS present at the interviews?
If so did he respond well to the one you liked etc?
It may be that the ones that did not come across well were nervous- i have been minding for couple of years but still find the first meeting quite daunting!

Hope you get it resolved!

While i'm not saying it happens this way for everyone my childminder became a really good friend and support. Dd would still run to me if they fell and hurt their knee etc and i was there too.
My husband had to go back to work pretty soon after the birth of 2nd Dd and she would take my eldest dd to her house for fun and games giving all of us a break.
She did this because she genuinely loved them.
It was thanks to her and her recommendations that i decided to become a childminder.

ssd Wed 09-Mar-05 17:27:19

Go with your gut instincts mosschops.

Or if you feel you just can't bear to leave him yet, why don't you wait another year to go back and study, surely a year off won't make a huge difference.It sounds to me like you seriously don't want to leave him with anyone yet, so do you think you could do all of the work required if you're leaving him but are seriously unhappy?

You probably know in your heart what's right for you both.........

vict17 Wed 09-Mar-05 17:28:56

could you finish your degree by distance learning and do it when the baby is in bed?

Mosschops30 Wed 09-Mar-05 19:08:03

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Wed 09-Mar-05 19:11:48

does the hospital you're at not have a staff nursery???

Mosschops30 Wed 09-Mar-05 19:21:29

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now