Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: help needed about weather appropriate clothing letter for parents.

(8 Posts)
SammyK Wed 22-Oct-08 14:04:52

So far this week I have had shorts twice, party shoes, and a baby in just little Tshirt with no vest or jumper.

How can I put it politely to parents?

SammyK Wed 22-Oct-08 14:05:28

The baby situation is every day, and a coat has only started being brought this week.

hazzajo Wed 22-Oct-08 14:19:10

I have just written my first newsletter to parents and put a note in it about clothing. i said something along the lines it still being important to take little ones outside to play and please could parents ensure children have suitable clothing plus coat, shoes etc to play outside. I had one of my mindees come with no shoes before, luckily I have spare wellies that fitted.

countPINKCHICKula Wed 22-Oct-08 14:21:29

def newsletter..but shoshe has fab wording in her policies about this, shell be along i hope!?

TheOtherMaryPumpkins Wed 22-Oct-08 15:47:45

I wouldn't wait for a newsletter I'd talk to the parent and point out that baby is cold, you only have so many spares to go round etc. Shame them!

TheOtherMaryPumpkins Wed 22-Oct-08 15:48:52

Here's what I did last month in mine anyway ( had already talked to parents though)

"Clothing

We often have impromptu outings to the park or library and it's a shame when our plans have to be changed as a child hasn't got suitable clothing on. Clothes and shoes for playing out in are best. Also please remember the weather is very changeable and while they might not need a jacket/jumper in the morning, by the afternoon they may well do! I do have some spares but these are often in the wash."

ShosheTheGhoshe Wed 22-Oct-08 16:03:52

My Policy

Proper Dress

Clothing worn should be appropriate for the day’s weather and play. Please do not send children in their `best clothes` Some times we get a little messy, although bibs and aprons are provided.
If the child is toilet training, please dress them in clothes that can be removed easily.

Supplies

Please supply for your children

Nappies & Wipes (nappies can be stored a packet at a time, and I will let you know as they run low).
Change of clothes
Blanket or cuddly toy
Dummies
Swimsuit (nappy style if appropriate) summer only
Slippers
Wellies (these can be brought daily)
Hats and gloves
Waterproof coat

Supply’s can be kept with in childcare

{grin]

SammyK Wed 22-Oct-08 21:03:46

Thanks all for the wise words. smile

Sorry I'm only just coming back on, have had my mum round for tea!

I think I may well need to point it out in baby's case as I think maybe mum just doesn't feel the cold?!? Is still wearing flip flops and no coat herself {Kay Shivers in wooly cardi and slippers}.

I have decided will mention verbally and back up with a newsletter. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now