Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

tuesday staffroom

(18 Posts)
eleanorsmum Tue 21-Oct-08 08:44:56

morning all. dd playing skittles with mindee and new baby mindee is asleep in travel cot upstairs! first time he's settled, took a while but YAY! only got him till 11.30 but he arrived at 7! got to get used to early starts!

only got one mindee this pm so off to toddlers where she's really enjoy herself and i can sit down for 5 mins!

enjoy the sort of sunshine today!

ShosheTheGhoshe Tue 21-Oct-08 08:48:42

All three SAHmindees in and we are off to soft play, school run done and dusted, dinner in the oven for tonight (braised steak yum) ans middle SAHMindee here till 8 so will be sharing it with her.

(Can you tell I am feeling better. AT LAST!)

looneytune Tue 21-Oct-08 08:58:33

Morning

EllieM - pleased he's settled. You'll get used to the early starts in time. I remember when I used to work 6.45am-6.30pm....started off as one day a week then gradually ended up being 3 days and I'd have said no to start with but I DID get used to it (although glad not doing that now with new baby). Fancy doing the Lookout at some point in half term?

Shoshe - SOOOOO pleased you are feeling better. Oh, and thanks for changing your name back

Well after yesterday's MENTAL day grin, I'm get an 'easy peesy lemon squeezy' day!!!! Only the 10 month old mindee who arrives at 9.30am. A friend took ds1 to school for me and I'm still not washed etc blush. She was supposed to be picking him up too but he was upset this morning and wants me to pick up so I've said I will.

Right, ds2 needs nappy on (been airing bottom as sooo sore ) and then best get washed and feed him.

Have a good day everyone.

eleanorsmum Tue 21-Oct-08 09:30:21

thanks looney nad def lookout half term, text me which days would be good for you!

looneytune Tue 21-Oct-08 09:33:34

Will do. I'll grab my diary later (it's upstairs) but I know if it's Tues or Wed, it will have to be morning as I have another mindee who arrives around 2pm.

coolj Tue 21-Oct-08 09:41:29

Hi everyone, well done EM with new baby. Glad you are feeling better this morning Shoshe and sorry to hear of sons sore bottom looney. Have you tried savlon or just vaseline. I find both of those better than Sudocrem.

Ive got one mindee today as well as my DS3. Took my dog to the vet for an x-ray this morning as she has had a dry cough. They originally thought it was kennel cough and put her on antibiotics which didnt work. Yesterday they said that they think she might have heart/kidney trouble sad. I hope shes ok. Shes nearly 14 but has always been a really healthy dog. This is the first time shes not been right.

But the way my luck has gone this year it will prob be bad news. hmm.

Hope everyone has a good day.

coolj Tue 21-Oct-08 09:42:08

Hi everyone, well done EM with new baby. Glad you are feeling better this morning Shoshe and sorry to hear of sons sore bottom looney. Have you tried savlon or just vaseline. I find both of those better than Sudocrem.

Ive got one mindee today as well as my DS3. Took my dog to the vet for an x-ray this morning as she has had a dry cough. They originally thought it was kennel cough and put her on antibiotics which didnt work. Yesterday they said that they think she might have heart/kidney trouble sad. I hope shes ok. Shes nearly 14 but has always been a really healthy dog. This is the first time shes not been right.

But the way my luck has gone this year it will prob be bad news. hmm.

Hope everyone has a good day.

coolj Tue 21-Oct-08 09:42:35

Soz for posting twice.

looneytune Tue 21-Oct-08 09:55:45

Thanks for the tips coolj, is vasaline any good for actually healing or just as a barrier? This sore bottom came out of nowhere and is SOOO red and hot Hope you're dog is ok, it's horrible when something happens to one of our pets as they're part of the family aren't they! {{{hugs}}} Fingers crossed for you!

I'm 'observing' mindee atm and taking lots of pics. She's pulling herself up on the playgym as ds2 plays under it. Poor ds2, she's like a magnet to anything he's playing with this week so I have to watch mindee every sec to make sure she doesn't climb on top of him lol. She's the same size as him although she's 6 months older - I don't think she realises he's that much younger than her lol. Gosh, if you could see what I'm seeing right now!!! lol.....best go, she's about to sit on him grin

coolj Tue 21-Oct-08 10:05:42

Hi looney, thanks. I found out when my DS3 had a sore bottom Sudacrem didnt touch it but as soon as I lathered on Vaseline it seemed to heal really quickly. Ive actually tried it on myself too. (Not nappy rash tho lol). Good luck. Theres nothing worse than a sore bum blush.

looneytune Tue 21-Oct-08 10:16:23

Cheers for that, need to buy some then. He's had a lot of thrush since he was born and I use a different cream when it looks like that as yes, sudacrem doesn't touch it! But this time it does look like proper sore bottom, maybe down to teething? as he's been dribbling/biting etc. a lot the last few days.

Right, mindee napping and ds2 just started moaning so think he's tired so with luck I'll get him down and can have a nice HOT cup of tea grin

eleanorsmum Tue 21-Oct-08 11:02:28

talking of bottoms (sort of!) can anyone help me here, we are such a fountain of knowledge sometimes buti was just wondering about this!

here
ta

looneytune Tue 21-Oct-08 11:17:51

link doens't work

eleanorsmum Tue 21-Oct-08 11:47:22

huh lets try here

southernbelle77 Tue 21-Oct-08 21:31:24

LT - Put some camomile tea in the bath (put teabag in the bath and take out after a while) before putting baby in. It is AMAZING.

hpgoneforgood Tue 21-Oct-08 22:34:01

LT one of my mindees gets a horrid sore bottom and we use vaseline with great effect. I was a bit sceptical at first but it really works on mindee.

LucyTownsend Tue 21-Oct-08 22:46:41

Special care nurses use Metanium in hospitals and it really works quickly on sore little bottoms!

looneytune Wed 22-Oct-08 10:31:14

Thanks all. Used vaseline last night and this morning and so far it is more improved than it was with sudacrem.

Right, best go and get mindee up and then off to group x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now