Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

one good reason

(15 Posts)
hadenoughofwork Mon 20-Oct-08 14:05:18

why the f... i should stil keep doing this job. 3 under 3 inc a baby 5months that does nothing but bloody scream. love kids, love the wages but dont honestly know how much longer i can do this for.

abba1772 Mon 20-Oct-08 14:06:27

i know what you mean i lost a kiddie on friday and then this afternoon another set of parents handed their notice in all due to the credit crunch.

feeling very low at the mo

hadenoughofwork Mon 20-Oct-08 14:10:50

would help if they slpt, they dont....i have made 4 cups of tean and chucked them all way. have just eaten choc bics as i make my way thorug hte day. im sooooooooo down. i cnat afford to give up.

coolj Mon 20-Oct-08 16:05:02

Would taking them out for a long walk maybe settle the little ones. Or what used to work for me was put some kiddie music on as well as the bubble machine. They used to love it.

Are they maybe teething or coming down with colds or something? Have you looked after the baby long or is he/she still settling in.

Hope this helps and remember it does you good just to have a long whinge on MN wink

RachieB Mon 20-Oct-08 16:06:23

the baby ? how long has s/he been with you ? does the parent/s know he "screams" all day ?

hate to think of a baby not settled

do you have routines ? trips out ?

3 under 3 is enough to drive anyone mad so need to get out of the house at least once a day

how old are the other 2 ?

x

RachieB Mon 20-Oct-08 16:07:36

excuse my english! lol i meant "do" the parents ....

NewTeacher Tue 21-Oct-08 08:55:22

You really need to speak to the babies parents as the LO should have settled by now.

Also if you are feeling this low, kids can sense it and your mood is rubbing off onto them.

Change your routine and try to be more positive. At the end of the day you chose to take 3 kids under 3 on so you should have been prepared for it.

looneytune Tue 21-Oct-08 10:11:38

I have 3 aged 20 months and under and my own baby who wakes in the night so I sort of know how you feel. I did this thread shortly after starting back and you'll see I had 2 screamers!!! I'm not sure how long this has been going on but agree about the children sensing things. I gave it a short time and luckily things have turned around. It may be worth looking at my thread in case anything anyone said on that may be helpful.

As much as you need the money hun, if this keeps on for too long, you must give notice for EVERYONE's sake. I had a major screamer for few hours once a week when I was heavily pg and I stopped during his settling in as was obvious he would never settle before my maternity leave as he wasn't here long enough.

Must go but just wanted to say sometimes it's just a phase and sometimes it's just not going to work and you have to call it a day. How long have you had this baby for?

countPINKCHICKula Tue 21-Oct-08 11:06:17

Sorry i know it must be hard if the baby is so upset but you NEED to speak to the parents and lose at least one, you cant carry on like this, people will see you stressed and that is bad for business and the children WILL sense your not happy even though im sure you are a good cm..also knowing what its like doing this job i wouldnt even bother making myself ONE cuppa a day as i would NEVER get time to drink it so dont be too disapointed thats just normal!

looneytune Tue 21-Oct-08 11:19:36

Agree and agree about the cuppa. Having said that, both still sleeping so I AM going to make one but then knowing my luck, one or both will wake up then it'll go cold as usual wink.

countPINKCHICKula Tue 21-Oct-08 12:02:17

LOl, you need to get one of those taps that dispenses water for hot drinks that isnt actually boiling so you drink straight away!..is till to cold drinks anyway so im oksmile

SammyK Tue 21-Oct-08 13:29:47

You do sounds fed up! sad

If baby not settling you need to tlk to parents. Hav you tried sling, etc if clingy.

I agree with the others about a cuppa, I stick to a bottle of tap water in the fridge that I swig from during the day. DP often makes me tea if he is ome and is then offended if I don't drink it. hmm

I agree getting out does help, esp if baby upset, even popping to the shop and buying a newspaper - you all get some fresh air nd you never know, one might fall asleep. grin

hadenoughofwork Tue 21-Oct-08 17:36:44

have decieded i can no longer do this job. 7 till 7 5 days aweek with hardly any other hols in btween. will give notice till xmas before if they will let me. it was all fine until eyfs. i am up sooooo late at night getting stuff done. the bany is settled and a sibling to other one. teething badly and parents wont allow me to give anything.

anyway, mind made up.

countPINKCHICKula Tue 21-Oct-08 20:15:51

Are you a regular mnetter/cm? i dont recognise you?

SammyK Tue 21-Oct-08 21:22:58

Parents won't allow teething child anything?? shock sad

What not even anything topical? Or natural??

I am judgey judgey here but I think that is horrid of them! No wonder baby screaming! sad

7 til 7 5 days a week is a long week. Can you not reduce your hours somehow?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now