Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Sites for au pairs to meet others on

(9 Posts)
stressed2007 Mon 20-Oct-08 12:03:38

I am keen that our next au pair makes a few more friends then our last ones have so they don't just st in their rooms. At least offer them the chance to meet others. I thik there was a nanny type site with a forum that someone mentioned before but I have lost the name of - please can anyone tell me what this is and what other sites may be helpful? Many thanks

pumpkinscantdancethetango Mon 20-Oct-08 12:04:06

nannyjob?

DadInsteadofMum Mon 20-Oct-08 13:18:53

Mine has used facebook with great success.

Whereabouts are you, can anybody put you in touch with their AP?

stressed2007 Mon 20-Oct-08 16:57:13

I am in very outer North London/ Hertfordshire. How would my au pair use facebook for this purpose - I only talk to my friends I already know on there? Any pointers? Thanks

mumof2222222222222222boys Mon 20-Oct-08 17:05:51

I am in Stanmore and have an AP. She meets APs through the Agency (they had a get together in Clapham recently). She is 19 French and pretty good - don't know if she might get on with yours, geographically as well as otherwise! The agency has a facebook site, but I don't know how it works...can ask.

englishspringer Mon 20-Oct-08 17:07:00

go to facebook and type in au pairs in the UK - lots on there. which part of the country are you in?

Badpups Mon 20-Oct-08 20:14:20

What nationality is your AP?
Mine is German and has met several others through a German AP networking site. I think she also met a Dutch girl through the same site so it could be multi-nationality. If you're interested I'll find out the name of the site for you.

cheapskatemum Mon 20-Oct-08 21:44:32

My last 2 (both German) have used the "APs in UK link" from their Facebook accounts to meet up with local APs. We're in East Anglia. In north & north west London, surely they meet lots of other APs at their English classes? (We used to live in Barnet - far higher density of APs there!)

NewTeacher Tue 21-Oct-08 08:45:59

Hi there Stressed..

I live in Borehamwood so I think I am near you my AP is German maybe they could meet as I'm guessing you must be near to me.

She's made a few freinds herself but is always looking for more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now