Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

***MONDAY MORNING STAFF ROOM***

(30 Posts)
coolj Mon 20-Oct-08 09:11:26

Good morning everyone. Hope you are all well and working hard. Im not, day off today grin. Must go get ready soon, yawn.

NumberFour Mon 20-Oct-08 09:29:49

Hello! Coolj, me and you both!

I thought I would pop into the staff room to say that if you are wondering where I am, I am on leave grin No kids other than my own, for two days.

Oh, and did I mention that my LO is in preschool today. So, hey! NO KIDS for another two hours.

grin

Meet you at the pub, Coolj?

coolj Mon 20-Oct-08 09:32:20

My LO is at preschool as well today, but this afternoon.

CU for publunch grin

SammyK Mon 20-Oct-08 09:43:20

Hello you two lazy bones! grin

I am working today, have one here, and am still waiting for one who was due at 9:15!Quite irritated as we were going straight out to library - won't have time now.

eleanorsmum Mon 20-Oct-08 09:46:34

i hate that - it happens all too often doesn't it, you get ready and sometimes even tell other mindees were going out then one is late without letting you know and the whole day feels messed up! i do like to be organsied!

tlaking of which we've just made some xmas wrapping paper shock grin only because my dad lives in the states and its last posting today for surface mail to get theer befroe xmas!

have good day all! ps mines a pint when you ge to the pub - of coke of course grin

southernbelle77 Mon 20-Oct-08 09:48:12

Morning....

Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's me today!

looneytune Mon 20-Oct-08 10:02:08

HELP!!!

Busy busy day today, got a last min call last night for an 8 yr old girl to come for the day as on leave from boarding school. Not best timing as all my big kids are at school and the oldest mindee apart from her is 20 months old!!

I'm really struggling to know what to do with her and I have a whole day to fill hmm

On top of that, although I'm within my numbers to have 7 (after school pick up), I haven't got the space in my car - oops!! One is a playdate for ds and his mum said she could pick him up and drop him round after if needed but I feel bad as I'm supposed to be collecting him. Been trying to think of someone who may be able to bring my ds2 home in the car for me as it's only the car journey that's the problem.

Right, off to ask the 8 yr old what she wants to do although it will probably be another 'don't know'. She's really lovely, just a little shy, I'm just not used to this age group!!

BYeeeeeeeee

tulip31 Mon 20-Oct-08 10:31:49

Morning all,

Can the pub be child freindly? Not working today, but still have 2 of my own here!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Em - cool about doing the wrapping paper, what did you do?? My eldest wrote his christmas list last night - xbox 360, ipod, ipod speakers.... and in his opening sentance he said that he knows that every person in the world is in credit crunch!! hmm

tulip31 Mon 20-Oct-08 10:33:47

Looney,

See if she wants to help with the little ones. My 8 year old after schoolie loves to play and help look after my 1 and 3 year olds!!

nannynick Mon 20-Oct-08 10:34:27

Im still at Center Parcs. Having a coffee at the Jardin des Sport, then at 11 I'm off to the Spa.
I am doing some work today, meeting a 3 month old early this evening.
Looney sounds like you have a busy day. With luck 8 yr old may help care for little ones.

KatyMac Mon 20-Oct-08 10:39:10

Morning all

Still feeling grotty so empathy to all

8yo play with babies & ask the to 'help' you as much as possible

My (silly) dream to emigrate to NZ has died a death - DH is too old & my training is no good sad

So what next

KatyMac Mon 20-Oct-08 10:39:43

Nick you seem to have a lot of time off......I'm not sure I approve grin

looneytune Mon 20-Oct-08 10:53:37

Well she's been 'helping' and is now playing with big kitchen in the playroom. This BIG kitchen was in the playhouse in the garden and I decided why not have a change so just dragged it in BY MYSELF grin and she's now stocking the fridge with food etc The place is even messier than normal but it's good as she can help sort the new layout in the playroom and think she'll enjoy 'helping'

Thanks all. Now to sort out how we get one of my kids home after school run. I've never had this many kids, the max I'd had was 6 and that's very rare. Think I'll need a BIG drink tonight wink

Sorry about your dream Katy, same with us, dh is too old and I don't have right things to get in

Hi to everyone else, must dash x

coolj Mon 20-Oct-08 13:18:45

Hi girls and Nick. I cant believe you are still relaxing, going to spa, having fun etc etc. You lucky thing.

This morning I took my DS3 down to the beach with our dogs. When we got out of the car we tried to walk down the steps to the promenade but we couldnt move as the wind was so strong. So we stood there looking stupid, decided to put the dogs back in the car and crawl 2 yrds to the tearoom where we had lunch. blush

We then took the dogs to a quarry which was more sheltered and we got a bit muddy. I then dropped my DS at preschool (mud an all) and am now sitting having a cuppa.

I will be at the pub very shortly NumberFour. Sorry I havent stood you up. Ive just been skivving busy. grin

southernbelle77 Mon 20-Oct-08 13:34:24

Afternoon all! Well, we got through this morning ok! We stayed in as I don't feel up to going out but also the weather is not looking great. We did a big picture of a tree, painted with twigs, leaves and pine cones! It was great fun

Mindees now sleeping so I am sitting down. Just taken more medicine so hoping to feel human again soon!

Jealous about the spa Nick! We are off to the New Forest on Friday (dd has inset day) and I can't wait, although hoping I will be better by then. DH is not great either so hope he is better too.

Sorry about NZ Katy.

Glad you didn't get blown away Coolj and got to the tearoom for lunch!

mumlove Mon 20-Oct-08 13:44:39

Afternoon everyone.

Very windy and drizzle here. Only 1 under 5 mindee today. DD and older mindee at school.
Been to soft play this morning and now worn out.

Belle - DD has inset day on Friday too, I would have said I would meet up with you in New Forest but DD has a birthday party to go to.

EM - Thanks for reminding me to check dates of last posting day for Canada.

looneytune Mon 20-Oct-08 18:58:40

Soooooooooooo tired.........I couldn't do 7 every day, bloomin heck!!! lol AND.......9 month old STILL here....traffic bad I think

looneytune Mon 20-Oct-08 19:10:53

Phew, just left and thank god my own baby isn't screaming like he normally would be at that time!!! Off to chuck him in bed get him ready for bed then drinking lots of beer grin

Night x

looneytune Mon 20-Oct-08 19:11:35

OH YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEE HALLOWEEN HATS AGAIN gringringringringringringringringringringrin

KatyMac Mon 20-Oct-08 19:12:48

What are you wittering about?

looneytune Mon 20-Oct-08 19:18:08

What me???

looneytune Mon 20-Oct-08 19:22:38

If you mean about the hats.....they've disappeared but they were there, promise!! (I mean hats of smileys)

looneytune Mon 20-Oct-08 19:23:02

on smileys

nannynick Mon 20-Oct-08 20:17:29

Well done Loony for getting through the day, sounds like it went well in the end.

I'm back home now, so it's back to the usual routine - better set my alarm for 06:30.

Met an adorable 3 month old this evening, will see him again on Friday.

KatyMac Mon 20-Oct-08 20:34:03

Nick - you are a push over

Looney - I'm worried about you.....are you working too hard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now