Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Xmas presents for Childminders from parent (& DD)

(8 Posts)
secretsquirrel1 Fri 17-Oct-08 14:54:41

Has anyone got any good ideas for Xmas presents for our Childminder? She has been absolutely excellent, goes well beyond the call of duty and I'd like to get her something special from me as well as a pressie from DD.

chel86 Fri 17-Oct-08 18:04:24

As a CM I never expect presents from a parent but it is always nice when the child makes something themselves for me! A home made photo frame, or desk tidy or key holder (I'm always losing my keys!)

HTH

LunaFairy Sat 18-Oct-08 16:14:42

Like chel86 I don't expect a pressie from parents either. It's always nice when I get a surprise though! A voucher of some sorts may be a good idea. I enjoy having a little retail therapy and treat myself! Chocs and flowers are always nice too grin

It's lovely to hear you have a great relationship with your cm!

dmo Sat 18-Oct-08 22:53:56

i love posh shampoo

secretsquirrel1 Mon 20-Oct-08 16:31:43

I could always ask her DP if there is anything she would particularly like....trouble is, I can never 'get him on his own'. You have all given me some food for thought, thanks everyone!

cmx2 Mon 20-Oct-08 21:58:29

i've been given tins of roses or biscuits and they are normally given to me and my whole family which is me, dh and 3 dd's

looneytune Tue 21-Oct-08 08:40:18

I've been given flowers, chocolates, posh bubble bath and shower gel sets, nice posh diary looking paper set, a fab change bag etc. Sometimes a present for ds1 (before ds2 arrived) instead or aswell, it really depends. I never EXPECT anything and it's always really sweet when something is given but I'm happy with whatever. I must say I very much appreciated my posh shower gel and bubble bath sets I got when I closed for 12 weeks maternity leave But the most shocking present was the change bag. I'd mentioned to the mum that I thought her bag was fab and where did she get it. When I looked after and found out it was £70, I decided not to buy it and never mentioned it again.....fast forward to Christmas and the mum had remembered, noticed I hadn't bought one and went and got me one, I couldn't believe it. The only thing is I felt a bit awkward because I just don't have the same money as them and could never afford to buy something like that in return so I felt bad. But anyway.....my point was NOT expense but that fact she'd thought carefully about it and chose something she knew I'd like. So IF she ever mentioned anything, keep it in your head wink

Sorry....waffled on there grin I'm having a rare morning without a school run and mindee not arriving til 9.30am

Good luck, I'm sure whatever you get will be lovely and I agree, something made by your DD will be lovely

secretsquirrel1 Tue 21-Oct-08 14:03:51

Thanks LT....will keep my ears peeled. And try to get her on her own for that kind of chat (hard when she has the kids hanging off her & when she doesn't it's late & I need to get DD home!!). I shall have to think of a ruse....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now