Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

TFI Friday Staff Room.

(20 Posts)
TheConfusedGhostoooohw Fri 17-Oct-08 07:07:34

Can today pleeeeeeeeease go really quickly.

Got hardly any sleep through coughing most of the night, knackered fell horrible and want to go to bed!

On the plus side, all the mindees are usually gone by 4.30 and a Friday.

And I thought my lady that does was finishing last week, but is actually not finishing till next week.

So disappearing out for a while, while she does then back to a nice clean and tidy house.

tulip31 Fri 17-Oct-08 07:29:56

Still not back to minding during the day at the mo - beginning to really miss it! Going to take dc3 & 4 to Chessington, even though I had a bad night with dc4 teething!

Cappucino's all round, my ds1 has just made me one and put a smiley face on the top with the chocolate sprinkles grin

Confused - I hope that your day goes quickly wink

TheConfusedGhostoooohw Fri 17-Oct-08 07:34:01

Tu do you want to come down here and have my three under 2.5 for the day then wink

tulip31 Fri 17-Oct-08 07:39:19

Where are you confused?? I already have 2 under 3 (my own youngest are 3 and 1!!), so not minding but still working iuswim hmm

Hope you feel better soon - I found that boiling my head over a bowl of nearly boiling water with vickes in it helped alot

TheConfusedGhostoooohw Fri 17-Oct-08 07:44:37

was doing that at 3 this morning grin
I am down in Dorset.

KatyMac Fri 17-Oct-08 07:52:00

Morning all - aren't you all up bright & early

I feel like the confused one....tired & grumpy & I have a network visit this am so I need to be all bright & sparkly & on the ball (tbh I feel like the ball after being kicked round a football pitch for an hour & a half)

NumberFour Fri 17-Oct-08 08:04:38

10 hours to go to my 4 day weekend.

grin

TheConfusedGhostoooohw Fri 17-Oct-08 08:06:57

No.4 bugger off grin

looneytune Fri 17-Oct-08 09:35:55

Morning all.

Sorry you're not well Confused (can't we have you're old name back - I'M getting confused!! wink). I'm nearly there with getting better after about a month of illness in the family. Baby ds2 is slipping back into his routine thank god, just woke at 3am then 5.50 this morning which is much better than every hour/half hour!!

I've only got the 20 month old today, 9 month old away Oh, and I'm only working til 11.30 as I'm having her all day Sunday so mum said will get her early today and I haven't any after schoolers today either Going to school at lunchtime with ds2 as I never get to do the normal 'mum' bit for ds1 and the class are off to one of the children's houses as it's the Jewish Festival of Sukkot and they've built a Sukkah for the class to see. Then at 6.30 it's the school halloween disco (ds1's first school disco!). Daddy is taking him and I'm hoping to go but in different car as don't think baby will last very long!

Right, off to make a cuppa and try and wake up! Was on CAF/Pre-CAF briefing last night and although it was very useful and much better than I expected, it ran on half hour longer (probably my fault for asking lots!) and I didn't have dinner til after 10pm and then I fell asleep on the sofa til 2.30 this morning GRRRR.

Have a good day everyone xx

changingsoon Fri 17-Oct-08 09:38:59

morning. day off today, like above, lady who does is in, so i am in bedroom, doing college work for tomorrow. another saturday lost!

they say inhale boiling salt water is good, never tried though.

x

coolj Fri 17-Oct-08 10:19:46

Hi all MNs. Ive got a cure for a cold. I have a bit of a dogs nose fetish blush. Im always touching or kissing them (gross I know, sorry) but obviously all the germs have boosted my immune system over the years and I very rarely get a cold.

[she runs from the staff room very quickly before she gets lectured or hung] grin

If that fails try extra strong lemsip. [runs]

ShosheTheGhoshe Fri 17-Oct-08 12:17:59

Is this better Looney grin

Have a grumbly baby today, luckily the girls are happy little souls.

We went to the park, and Thank God Myendisteahering and London11 were with me, because my mountain goat mindee (19 months), managed to get up the big ones climbing frame!

How I don't know, her legs don't look big enough to scale it (but this is the child that can climb ANYTHING) so I should have known,

I was sorting grumbly baby, so Myend went charging across the playground and got her down.

Am still dying, but have extra strong Lemsip, thank you Coolj, but will give it a miss on the dogs if you don't mind. They make me sneeze. grin

BoysAreLikeZombies Fri 17-Oct-08 12:50:34

Half the day gone by already yay.

Took mindees to Toddlers in the next vilage, they are worn out now - baby fell asleep into her lunch, toddler napping too. Awww.

have a great day

mumlove Fri 17-Oct-08 12:55:57

Lunch time already grin and a big hello.

Baby is sleeping after a wonderful time at toddler group, so I am having some lunch while I can.
Also trying to find someone local that hires out soft play as the company we have used for 2 years now doesn't do it anymore.

Have a great afternoon and a fabulous weekend.

KatyMac Fri 17-Oct-08 19:24:06

I had a lovely compliment from my Network Co-ordinator she said "If only you could video you & mindee to show to new parents, they would never take their children anywhere else"

Which made me cry a bit, because although I know I am a great organiser, manager and controller of paperwork - I have always thought my child centred work was lacking

This is a new co-ordinator so I felt really proud

southernbelle77 Fri 17-Oct-08 20:16:41

I'm pished! Can you tell it's ben a long weeek?!

southernbelle77 Fri 17-Oct-08 20:17:24

WEll done Katyu, that's great

KatyMac Fri 17-Oct-08 20:40:08

I really was chuffed

southernbelle77 Sat 18-Oct-08 02:05:55

I'm up feeling rubbish. I was hoping that my alcohol induced state last night would help my cold get better, but now I've woken up and can't breathe properly and therefore can't sleep either. So I'm sat here with a warm orange and a Lemsip Day and Night 'Night' capsule as I have no lemsip drinks left!!

That's the problem with this job, all the children come with colds that aren't too bad, but I end up getting all of them put together and feel like I've done 5 rounds with Mike Tyson!

KatyMac Sat 18-Oct-08 11:21:24

Poor you

Are you any better this morning?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now