Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders - whats the rules on visitors in the day when mindees are there?

(6 Posts)
mummytowillow Thu 16-Oct-08 21:17:33

My childminder is having some friends come to stay for the weekend and they are arriving in the day whilst my daughter is there, is this allowed? Also she is having workmen in the house to do some jobs whilst the children are there to, what are the rules on all this?

I'm feeling a bit PFB about these people maybe picking her up etc as she is a cuddly baby? My CM is very good with her and she loves going there but can be very laid back?

What do you think? Do you think I should try to get an emergency afternoon off?

nannyL Thu 16-Oct-08 21:29:35

i dont think an emergancy afternoon of is necessary.

And yes im sure she is allowed visitors hmm

im sure your childminder wont leave your baby alone with these other people and im sure your baby will be fine...

would you ensure your baby was out of your house if YOU had builders round?

SammyK Thu 16-Oct-08 21:36:42

I can understand your worries, but you need to be reassured - was your cm reassuring when she told you? Does she have a visitors book so you can see who is coming and going? (Most of us cms on here do).

A good cm would not leave your dd alone with anyone else obviously, and ideally introduce them to you.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but how do you feel in general about people cuddling your DD? She sounds very sweet, and I don't get what the harm would be if cm's guest would be sat next to your cm and ask if she could hold your dd??

mummytowillow Thu 16-Oct-08 21:39:57

I'm OK about people cuddling her to be honest, but I'm feeling a bit low about her being in childcare really and I want it to be me cuddling her not others!! Silly I know! blush

She does have a visitors book and I'm sure she will get them to sign it?

Thanks for the reassurance.

SammyK Thu 16-Oct-08 21:46:53

Aaw, it's not silly, it's totally understandable!

I tell my mindee's mums that it doesn't matter how many hours you work, as long as you enjoy quality time with your children, just enjoying each other. smile Besides, there are plenty of cuddles to go around.

Is your cm aproachable? Can you talk to her about this? Even cm's are working mum that feel guilty about having to work.

changingsoon Fri 17-Oct-08 09:43:12

as long as she has a visitors book and doesnt leave her with the guests it should be ok. as for the builders, they should also sign in and out and she should have done a risk assesment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now