Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Should I be worried as its 2nd time ?????

(5 Posts)
wearefriends Thu 16-Oct-08 10:50:40

Hi, A 5yrs old attends my setting on part time basis, started 5 weeks ago, well settled but since he started coming in to my setting he wet him self twice while he was doing computer with my ds(educational game)he sat there until ds said mum someone dropped the water on the floor.
I changed/cleaned him and explained to him that he needs to tell me when he needs to go toilet.
Spoke to his parents they said this never happened before, he wet him self again yesterday, informed the parents they did not say anything not even a word.
Is that normal???

Twims Thu 16-Oct-08 11:01:31

Can be - some children get extremely involved in what they're doing and then have an accident maybe you could ask him if he needs the toilet etc

2point4kids Thu 16-Oct-08 11:06:24

Sounds like he could be having trouble settling in and is a bit too shy to ask to go?
Does he know where the toilets are to go by himself inmstead of having to ask?
Could you have a few days of saying every hour 'right all the boys to the toilet please' and get him used to going with the other boys that way to make him more comfortable?

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 16-Oct-08 11:18:16

agree do set times to go for a wee

ie when in from school, then before tea etc

wearefriends Thu 16-Oct-08 12:08:45

Thanks for your views , the thing is he talks to me, play with me and the other kids perfectly fine, before he done wee I actually asked him if he need to go to the toilet but he said no I don't, as in my setting children who don't go to the toilet for long I encourage them to tell me or go themselves when they need to go and he does know where the toilet is, but I think I am agreed with Twims ,as Twims said some children get extremely involved in what they're doing and then have an accident.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now