Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Wednesday Staffroom: Can't think of nything clever to add

(13 Posts)
KatyMac Wed 15-Oct-08 09:37:06

Sorry for the boring title

Have brought Jammy doughnuts to make up for it

Off to Papworth today for DH so quite quiet this am

NumberFour Wed 15-Oct-08 10:10:34

Morning.

Oh boy, cannot wait for the weekend. I have taken off Monday and Tuesday because Tues is my son's 4th birthday so I decided to treat myself too! But with 7am drop offs and 6.30pm collections 5 days a week, surely I deserve it???

Coffee and a doughnut sounds luvverly, KatyM. Hope you're feeling lots better today.

hpgoneforgood Wed 15-Oct-08 10:23:44

Morning, doughnuts sound good Katy. Can I pinch one for poorly DD? Off to the docs in a moment for her, coughing lots, inhalers not helping and temp of 40 although have manged to get it down to 38 with calpol.

Hope your feeling better Katy and your DH appointment goes well.

Numberfour...I think you do indeed deserve it grin

Have so far today attempted to catch up on my ironing as I'm closed due to DD illness.

KatyMac Wed 15-Oct-08 10:40:07

I may have had one (or two) myself to help me feel better you understand

I seem to crave fatty things atm

SammyK Wed 15-Oct-08 12:28:40

Hi everyone,
one mindee just picked up, one asleep, and ds sat on my knee. smile

KM - ta for donut! {yum}

No4 - ooh a long weekend off - you lucky thing! grin

HP - hope your dd better soon.

NumberFour Wed 15-Oct-08 13:46:30

My one year old mindee is quite and content but not falling asleep. Maybe time to drop the morning nap? Any ideas?

NumberFour Wed 15-Oct-08 13:48:06

er..... quiet and content

eleanorsmum Wed 15-Oct-08 14:19:48

hi all,
thanks for donut! yummy!
am doing some eyps paperwork while mindee asleep and dd at school. it's making my brain ache sad but heho! thinks quietly to herself just keep swimming, just keep swimming!

looneytune Wed 15-Oct-08 14:23:21

Heard on the grapevine there were doughnuts so HAD to come in. All 3 sleeping <jumps for joy> so I'm off to make a well earned cup of tea to go with the yummy doughnut.

Hope all having a good day. I'm looking forward to Friday as only working til 11.30 (one off and other one only need me til 11.30) I must say I'm pleased as I'm working all day Sunday so it gives me that bit of a break! And it also means I can go into ds1's school and be involved with what they are doing as I'm never normally able to

PinkChick Wed 15-Oct-08 16:50:58

HI All, having a quick 5 while one asleep and other one playing happily with dd!

today dropped dd off at school 8am (early activity) picked minde up at 8.15, mindee 2 dropped off at 8.30...cousin and her LO came 9.30, new mindee dropped off at 11, take mindee 2 to school 12, race back with mindees 2 and 3 in time for mindee 4 to get dropped off and then mindee 3 got picked up!..back off on school run with mindees 2 and 4 to collect dd mindee 2 and mindee 5!..back home, mindees 2 and 5 gone home, just mindee 4 and 1 here now, one asleep (baby) other one (under 2) playing dinosaurs with ddsmile...got tea to serve up for mindee 4 before 5.30 when both of them get picked up!.....so at diff times today ive had 8m old, 20 m old, 2 yr old, 4 yr old, 5yr old(dd) and 6 yr old and done 6 trips there and back to school!....am i ok to feel a tad knackerd now!?

coolj Wed 15-Oct-08 17:26:32

Hello everyone. Im having a real hormonal day today. My brother and nephew came down yesterday for a couple of days. We only see each other about once a year. But ever since he came down I keep on bursting into tears sad.

My mindee has just gone home. We had a busy day.

Hope everyone has a quiet/relaxing evening. smile

southernbelle77 Wed 15-Oct-08 17:30:20

Afternoon all!

Busy day here too. Just sitting down quickly while mindees and dd watch Aristocats to wind down for the day! I'm shattered this week and it's only Wednesday!

Hope there is still a doughnut left, even if it is a bit stale wink could do with one right now!

southernbelle77 Wed 15-Oct-08 17:44:42

Oh bless, just turned round and after school mindee is asleep on the sofa!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now