Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Tuesday Morning Staff Room

(12 Posts)
coolj Tue 14-Oct-08 09:09:02

Good morning everybody. Just getting ready to go to the playpark this morning whilst it is dry.

Hope you all have good days.
gringringrin

eleanorsmum Tue 14-Oct-08 09:20:22

morning! had new baby for settling in yesterday, bless him he so not used to being anywhere without mum. but we got there and he was smiling and playing when she came back to collect him grin.

as i've got one f/t on hols this week and next i feel like i have so much more time! am i egt to go to dd's first assembly without =anyone in tow on thurs. she's very excited that i'll be there for her (as am i! sad old me!)

off to hang washing on line and hope it gets dry today!

have good day all.

KatyMac Tue 14-Oct-08 10:05:52

Morning - I'm on my second week of anti-biotics sad (although I am glad I am still poorly in a sort of perverse way - at least it means my ME isn't coming back)

changingsoon Tue 14-Oct-08 10:26:25

morning. do all your parents bring their child health books. i have a couple who just refuse. i have told them under child protections regs and in an emergency i must have them, but they just ignore me.angry

looneytune Tue 14-Oct-08 10:34:17

morning all. i'm enjoying a bit of peace with 2 babies sleeping was catching up with some work but posted a thread and then thought i'd pop in.

changingsoon - is this a new thing under EYFS?? if so, oops, i haven't read the pack yet blush (but i haven't long been back from maternity leave and i'm just trying to get used to being back with lots of little ones again!)

changingsoon Tue 14-Oct-08 10:38:48

done all cp levels and we were told that you should always have books handy. if there was an emergency the hosp etc would poss need it. i have it in my policies as well. ofsted said i was right to demand these.

KatyMac Tue 14-Oct-08 11:05:06

Never heard of that either

I have a signature that I can get emergency care but I've never heard of holding the red book

looneytune Tue 14-Oct-08 11:16:52

Same as Katymac, I've got emergencies signed for. I can't actually see what would be in the red book that would be vital for them to help a poorly child? If there is something medical to be aware of, we'd know anyway. It's not that long ago I went on CP and nothing was said. Can I ask if you have a link to anything in writing saying we need this? Just that if we're supposed to have it, I need to get asking parents.

eleanorsmum Tue 14-Oct-08 11:59:29

hmm yes sounds odd as we have all the info in the book anyway i think? we have innoculation info on record form and as you say we have emergency treatment signed for. I know that dd's has about her constipation as a baby in it but actually it doesn't have her asthma medication mentioned at all so it might do more harm than good! if she went to hosp with just red book they wouldn't know she needed puffers twice a day!

hope we can clarfy this!

PS looney - when you free ish in half term to meet up? so far tuesday day looks ok for me or maybe wed? you? also shall we invite others? grin

SammyK Tue 14-Oct-08 12:05:00

Hi everyone, I had no mindees this morning (mindee ill), so went in to help at ds's nursery for 'india day' - very fun, and was nice to just have ds to think of. smile

I have never heard of red book thing either. Have health details on child record form.

changingsoon Tue 14-Oct-08 12:14:01

nowt in writing, cp trainer said she was shocked so many didnt have it and that we should all go and demand them! ofsted, and network coordinator have always told us its good practice!! who knows.

BoysAreLikeZombies Tue 14-Oct-08 18:32:52

I have never asked for the red book, got permissions for emergency treatment.

Busy day, new baby started this week so full on.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now