Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Do you buy your mindee's christmas presents?

(11 Posts)
AbbaFan Mon 13-Oct-08 13:27:14

Just wondering if you did and what sort of things you buy.

I have 9 on my books, so could be very expensive this year.

Was thinking about buying a nice selection box from Thorntons for the older ones and maybe a nice book for the smaller ones.

SammyK Mon 13-Oct-08 13:30:24

Yes I do. smile

Just something little, a nice book, for example from the works or redhouse, a toy under £5, or even a pair of PJs with their favourite thing/character on eg Thomas PJS or button PJs with cars or diggers on can be picked up at a reasonable price.

Older kids in the past have had bionicles, craft kits like glass pebble painting or window painting kits, or again, a good book I know they will interested in.

PinkChick Mon 13-Oct-08 13:38:26

yes i do about £5 each dependant on mindee and how often they come(yes sorry i do have favouritesblushsmile

Argos have some excellent deals on at minute on their toys, lots VERY cheap and more than half off, just not much available in my local stores, but worth a look!

Ive realsied that this year most of mine will get a book and LOTS of stickers!..theyre sticker mad!smile

southernbelle77 Mon 13-Oct-08 13:51:34

Yes I do. Under £5 usually. This is the first year I've got over 5's so not so sure what to get them, but saw some nice books in The Works which I will getting for the under 5's. They are now £3 reduced from about £9 so even better

happyfaceschildcare Mon 13-Oct-08 17:24:30

Hi yes I do too and I normally go with the book theme or something art and crafts elc have great stuff for under £5 and so do woolies.

TheConfusedGhostoooohw Mon 13-Oct-08 17:35:35

I buy sets of books from the book people and split them up, I dont spend much at Christmas as I buy them bigger pressie for birthdays so in theory it is spread out more, but once I had 3 mindees with the same birthday!

bigdonna Mon 13-Oct-08 17:53:11

i buy all my mindees presents i spend approx £10.00 on each child ,when i only had one mindee i spent £20.00 on her,but my dc always recieved very big presents from my that mindee.

SammyK Mon 13-Oct-08 20:33:42

I saw this company at a conference this weekend and they had some really nice things, including finger puppets from £2.50. I will definately be ordering for christmas gifts (boughta gingerbread man on the day) so thought I would share the link as an idea for those still with buying to do. They had some fairy puppets for £4.50 which were gorgeous.

geraldinetheluckygoat Mon 13-Oct-08 20:57:09

I get sets of books from the book people too! I have in the past also got bits from Ikea, and craft stuff from wilcos to put into a craft box.

NumberFour Tue 14-Oct-08 06:35:45

I usually give books of around about £5, maybe a little more. I also give birthday presents.

SofiaAmes Tue 14-Oct-08 07:43:45

My kids' child minder always gave them something little, but well thought out at xmas. Pj's from primark, or mittens or a little book (I'm sure it was never more than a fiver per child). It was really just a thought, but so clearly thought out for the child, that it was much appreciated. I always gave her a lovely expensive gift at xmas because I was so grateful for the wonderful care she gave my precious children. However, I know that not all the parents gave her presents, but she always gave all the kids the same type of gifts.
I had a part time nanny for 6 months and was really irritated that she didn't even bother to give my children a little present or even a card on their birthdays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now