Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: Front facing book displays / stands / shelves

(12 Posts)
SammyK Sun 12-Oct-08 10:34:25

Does anyone have one? Or have seen a reasonably priced one anywhere?

I have space for a book corner, and would like the books to be front facing, but am on a tight budget.

I love the [[ http://www.tidy-books.com/ tidy books ]] bookcases but at approx £100 it is just a dream!
I would even settle for a school type frame one I think but finding them hard to com eby and would prefer a wooden piece.

Any ideas?

SammyK Sun 12-Oct-08 10:34:54

tidy books

nannynick Sun 12-Oct-08 10:56:54

GLTC have one with fabric pouches, which may not be as robust as the one from Tidy-Books, but is 1/2 the price. GLTC Sling Bookcase

SammyK Sun 12-Oct-08 11:06:40

Ooh thanks nick I forgot about GLTC, that one is nice, though I would have to find out if canvas is removeable for washing. smile Also like this one as it is wall mounted, yet very similar to the canvas one.

Also just found that GALT have lots of wire ones too. But would prefer wooden type. [gin]

nannynick Sun 12-Oct-08 11:08:35

How about a castle pink gray

BradfordMum Sun 12-Oct-08 12:38:42

Nannynick - where does it say that it's half price? It's £45 when I look, but doesn't say it should be £90.

SammyK Sun 12-Oct-08 16:20:58

Hiya BM, in the post nick says the GLTC one is half the price of the tidybooks one.

Keep the links coming everyone. smile

littlestarschildminding Sun 12-Oct-08 17:23:03

SBS have this one

wall mounted one £12

and this one

double sided one

or this is the one I have

single sided one

hope that helps
Jen

changingsoon Sun 12-Oct-08 20:41:55

oh wow. ive been looking for a wire rack. thanks so much. just ordered double sided one.

SammyK Sun 12-Oct-08 21:17:43

Thanks so much jen and nick for your help, and glad it helped someone else too!

I am going to order the wall mounted wire one tomoro (when I have money in the bank!), great price for my tight budget, and I will keep dreaming about a wooden one for now. smile

My books are in a draw at the moment and I get a few out each day - now the children will have them all to choose from on the wall.

PinkChick Mon 13-Oct-08 09:52:36

i have the gltc sling one, its fab, very robust and doest get dirty as such, you can wipe the durable sling down if it doessmile

AlexanderPandasmum Wed 15-Oct-08 21:50:44

Vertbaudet do some MDF type ones that are stepped, so you can see all the books, and also some of the wall mounted front-facing type bookcases. I am just a parent but really wanted similar for my DS, and this is where I ended up going (after dreaming of the tidy books one for about a year but no joy - DP was not impressed). Also there are canvas ones in Jojo Maman Bebe for about £40, and Blooming Marvellous too (I think it's them who do the combined toy store/canvas bookcase one as well).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now