Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I'm a childminder who needs help !

(8 Posts)
childminderwhoneedshelp Sun 12-Oct-08 10:13:31

I think I have done a mistake on taking on a little who is 4 years old, I'm still new in the job.

I have this little boy 4 days a week sometimes 5, the parents works shift. I have him from 7.15 to 18.45, they pay me 55 pounds a day (I'm from Wimbledon)..Normally I charge 60 pounds a day, 6 pounds a hour but the mum seemed desperate and I went done 55 pounds for 11 hours of work.. Meals all provided. The little boy doesnt go to school as the parents just moved in the aera and the mum doesnt seem to do anything to put him at school..I do my best, provide as muh activities as I can, go out a lot but I'm scared he doesnt get enought out me plus I have my 2 other children to care for (well one is 4 years old and is full time at school) plus I have another baby twice a week ! I'm shattered, I really tought I could do it but I'm shattered and depressed. Do you think I can give my notice to her ?

childminderwhoneedshelp Sun 12-Oct-08 10:17:31

BUMP

childminderwhoneedshelp Sun 12-Oct-08 10:21:22

BUMP

SammyK Sun 12-Oct-08 10:21:55

WHY isn't this boy at school???!?!

I'm not sure about the costs, as I am not in your area, but if you think about it from the school aspect, you then be providing wrap around care before and after school, so less pressure (although less pay), at fur he needs to be with children his age!

I wouldd approach it from the school point of view with the parent, and explain you need him to be started at school as you would like the under five space freed up. Does that make sense?

TBH I find this age moe tiring and demanding than babies, so can see where you are coming from having him long days all week like that.

childminderwhoneedshelp Sun 12-Oct-08 10:30:01

They moved in a week ago, the mum thinks she can put him in my dd's school but I know for sure that he wont get in so I have called another school (which is near my dd's school) and they have place there, I gave her all the details and she doesnt seem interested. I'm tired because I'm always worried about him, I feel sad for him when I go and drop my dd at school, he can see she has friends and that she's happy to be there.

childminderwhoneedshelp Sun 12-Oct-08 10:30:02

They moved in a week ago, the mum thinks she can put him in my dd's school but I know for sure that he wont get in so I have called another school (which is near my dd's school) and they have place there, I gave her all the details and she doesnt seem interested. I'm tired because I'm always worried about him, I feel sad for him when I go and drop my dd at school, he can see she has friends and that she's happy to be there.

AbbaFan Sun 12-Oct-08 10:36:49

The mum does not have to start the boy at school until he is 5.

However if you are not coping, you need to talk to the mum about it. She needs to at least secure him a place in school, and then decide when he will start. At least then you can work out if you can manage until that time.

itgetseasier Sun 12-Oct-08 11:05:39

I think you should ask the parents what they intend to do re:school but as they legally do nogt have to send their son untul he is 5 - I think you need to be prepared for this.
I think that you are taking on too much 'parental' worrying for this boy ie about him not being at school/mixing as your DD does - it is his parents choice.smile
You need to decide if you wish to continue to mind him or not and wether you want to work the same hours until he starts school? I do feel for you - choices to me made.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now