Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM s - OK girls whos used a triple buggy tell me all the pros and cons please

(11 Posts)
childminder90210 Fri 10-Oct-08 20:25:03

Title says it all really will have 3 mindees by end of nov which means I need a tru=iple buggy, would just like to hear your tales and traumas to give me a heads up, and also what ones you use have used etc, tia

cmx2 Fri 10-Oct-08 20:34:21

if you have a healthy budget i have the ABC Adventure buggy from new zealand. it is great and i love it. ive tried a side by side type and it was terrible to maneuver. the abc is easy, light, flexible and hard wearing. its so easy to steer because there is no weight over the front wheels.

it is heavy to lift into the car and although it folds very flat but is quiet tall/long when folded.

they are made by the phil n ted people.

just google abc adventure buggy.

hth
carol
you do sometimes get them come up on ebay or you can get them direct from NZ.

childminder90210 Fri 10-Oct-08 20:36:21

Thanks I will check it out x

Bloodandchatkins Fri 10-Oct-08 20:37:12

How old are the mindees ?
I will have an 11 mo, a 19 mo and ds who is 17 mo every tues, and not sure what will be best option, - though ds does still like his sling, it may be sling and double buggy ! Tink they all too little for buggy board though

childminder90210 Fri 10-Oct-08 20:39:04

They will be 14 months 13 months and 11 months!!!!

Bloodandchatkins Fri 10-Oct-08 20:41:52

Def need triple then !
I guess Im lucky I can use sling for ds, can't really do that with mindees !

ThePrisoner Fri 10-Oct-08 21:30:23

I have a side-by-side triple buggy (Gordons) - it folds up really well.

It isn't the most practical buggy because of its sheer width, but works well for me as a childminder because I only need it for school runs, to get to very local groups (in halls with double doors), and I can use it on day trips out (farm park-type of thing). I certainly wouldn't recommend it to a parent who needs to go into shops or lifts! I can't get into my local shop for bread and milk.

I like the children being "in a row" for days out and local walks - they all get to see everything!

hollyandnoah Sat 11-Oct-08 16:29:44

dont have any experance but i saw one in town last week. It was just a basic umberella fold, but they all had cosy toes on and they looked comfy, it wasn't as wide as i thought a triple would be and i have seen some of the chunkier doubles that i'd say were wider.

childminder90210 Sun 12-Oct-08 19:29:53

this is all good information thanks x

eleanorsmum Sun 12-Oct-08 20:18:53

i have just boguth the abc doubel with top toddler seat. have yet to use it, only got it yesterday but it is so cool! my dd is 4.5 and can sit on the top seat without anybody actual;ly in the buggy and it doesn't tip up! is quite heavy but so manouverable! can wait to use it tom!

MatNanPlus Sun 12-Oct-08 23:05:30

I have used the Peg Prego with the steering wheel on the handle and it was great, even round Tesco's

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now