Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Au pair for Italy? Anyone interested? Where to advertise?

(8 Posts)
Brangelina Fri 10-Oct-08 14:22:45

A friend of mine has been left in the lurch by her childcare and is considering getting an au pair instead. I'm just testing the water for her to see if anyone knows someone who would be interested in coming to work in Italy. Failing that, can anyone give me any pointers as to where she could advertise? I presume Gumtree is for UK only?

Anyway, the job would be in Monza - a small town with direct bus/train links to Milan (15 min train ride to central Milan) - and friend has 2 DDs aged 3.3y and 16mths who both go kindergarten/nursery full time, so job would entail mainly school runs, minimal housework and a little sole care in the afternoons when she's away on business.

Nationality is not important, although a more outdoorsy type of person would be preferred as last babysitter made a fuss about having to do school pick up in the rain or having to walk anywhere over 500mhmm.

TIAsmile

Brangelina Fri 10-Oct-08 17:20:01

Anyone?

Julesnobrain Fri 10-Oct-08 18:03:55

Hi get your friend to advertise on aupair-world.net. She should find both English and other nationals applying

Brangelina Fri 10-Oct-08 22:50:44

Thankssmile

happychappy Sun 12-Oct-08 09:38:30

Brangelina, let me know if you have a any luck. I think I'm might need someone. I'm in Marche

Brangelina Sun 12-Oct-08 13:32:05

Hi Happychappy, I remember you. You had the school that wanted you to stop speaking to your DC in English, right? How's it going? Why don't you come and join us on the Little Italy thread sometime?

I've looked at the au pair world website, there are a few who want to come to Italy though most seem to be German. Don't know if that would be a problem for you, would you be specifically looking for an English one?

happychappy Mon 13-Oct-08 12:11:57

I will do with the thread. I seem t be working more and more and my husband is away mre and more. Need help ut we waiting to hear about his job (at the mo he's at home in the afternoon but probably will change soon. I was thinking perhaps trying t find an Italian girl who wanting to have the full immersion experience without leaving Italy!

DS is getting on better it's slow progress but at least now he's doing his hmework without a row (a move in the right direction).

Your in Milan (that's right isn't)

happychappy Mon 13-Oct-08 12:18:46

I will do with the thread. I seem t be working more and more and my husband is away mre and more. Need help ut we waiting to hear about his job (at the mo he's at home in the afternoon but probably will change soon. I was thinking perhaps trying t find an Italian girl who wanting to have the full immersion experience without leaving Italy!

DS is getting on better it's slow progress but at least now he's doing his hmework without a row (a move in the right direction).

Your in Milan (that's right isn't)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now