Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Is there a school in Ealing where my au pair could learn for free?

(1 Post)
goreousgirl Thu 03-Mar-05 23:07:28

I may be v niave (is that how you spell it?)- But I took on an au pair nearly 3 weeks ago - she so far, has been too good to be true, and I am waiting for something to go wrong....

I am paying her £60 per week for 5 hrs a day + £5 per hour 'extra' - so far each week she's earnt £90 in total. She has a beautiful big room and en-suite, and looks after my 9 mo old and sometimes the 5 year old.

'in conversation' she told me that her school is costing £600 for 5 months, and that her friend at school is earning £200 per month with her family (live in) - it all felt like a bit of a hint.

She's 26 - truly wonderful, totally ignores her 'required hours', and feels much more like a nanny than an au pair.

The £60 per week is a stretch for us (I am hoping to get some work from home to pay her more, and hire her for longer each day).

Any pearls of wisdom out there? Shall I ignore conversation - or am I being REALLY mean with money?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now