Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

OFSTED AGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(8 Posts)
Diane73 Fri 10-Oct-08 10:19:32

OH MY GOD I@VE HAD IT WITH OFSTED
I am waiting to become a registered childminder and have now been waiting for 3 months for CRB CHECKS, now I have finally recieved them I've now been told that I can't register as I haven't done first aid - I've been waiting for course to come up in my area but was told by the NCMA that they provide courses free of charge but now have been told that there is no more courses - could have paid for one and have done it by now had I been told all this from the beginning- Now have to waitanother month for next course god it makes me sooo mad no one knows what they are doing (angry)
Is anyone else having similar problems or can anyone offer any advice?????

Add your message here

looneytune Fri 10-Oct-08 10:28:10

I'm sure you don't have to do First Aid to be registered, just have to ensure it's done within 6 months - am I right or have things changed??? hmm

poppymay Fri 10-Oct-08 10:30:47

I thought you could do your first aid course within six months of registering? Has this now changed?

With our council you only had to do the course before registering IF you wanted to claim the start up grant.

pellmell Fri 10-Oct-08 10:33:05

it has changed to "at the point of registration"
You are right it does seem like no one knows what they are doing.

Diane73 Fri 10-Oct-08 11:13:59

Have just spoken to the NCMA and it is right that you have to now do first aid before registration under the EYFS framework! They said ofsted should have told me this months ago!!!

abba1772 Fri 10-Oct-08 20:14:46

thats ridiclous

squirrel42 Fri 10-Oct-08 20:22:50

The first aid required at point of registration bit came into force with the EYFS on 1 September 2008, so if you started the registration process over three months ago then Ofsted might have thought you would be through and registered before that. It's quite unusual for CRB checks to take that long - I know it's variable but I had one done two or three months ago and it came back in a couple of weeks.

Good luck with getting it all sorted though!

Bloodandchatkins Fri 10-Oct-08 20:25:46

good luck in general with ofsted ! They are soooooo stupid !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now