Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: School trip today, would you assume

(9 Posts)
ayla99 Thu 09-Oct-08 14:38:06

a) that because parents haven't asked me to collect at a later time that I'm not needed today? Children are expected back about 5ish so he won't be there when I collect the others from school.

b) that I should go to collect at the inconvenient time of 5ish because the parents have not told me their child will be absent today? They never get back at the expected time and this will disrupt dinner.

I have emailed/texted parents earlier this week but they haven't replied. I only know about the trip because my son is on it.

looneytune Thu 09-Oct-08 14:44:31

No way would i go back at 5ish - would be impossible for me with my routine/pickups! Can't believe parents haven't bothered getting back to you. If it was me I'd call them and if I had to leave a message, I'd say that I pressume someone else is collecting their child as not heard back from texts/emails and of course you couldn't be there at that time due to routine.

Some people!! angry

nbee84 Thu 09-Oct-08 15:46:05

Is someone else picking your son up? Maybe they thought you were so presumed you would pick their child up too. Very rude of them not to have returned your calls/text.

I 2nd everything that looney just said!

bozza Thu 09-Oct-08 16:09:18

I would expect my childminder to pick my child up from a school trip, as I expect her to pick him up from after school activities. However I would not ignore emails/texts and would have had a discussion with her about it prior to the trip.

NumberFour Thu 09-Oct-08 16:10:01

I would assume that I was not needed and would not go to collect the kids but I would be sure to leave a message on their phone(s) to that effect.

Tas1 Thu 09-Oct-08 17:00:27

If it was me, I would just hang around for a bit when picking up your son to see if anyone comes. I would feel bad just walking off and leaving the child without knowing he was safe.

Very rude of parents not to let you know what is going on. If it was me I would have to say something next time I see them and tell them that not answering messages is unexceptable as it could put child in danger.

KatyMac Thu 09-Oct-08 18:01:53

So what happened??

ayla99 Thu 09-Oct-08 18:22:40

Well I decided not to go. DS is 11 and well able to walk home on his own.

The parent kindly phoned at five to five to let me know it wasn't necessary to collect. Just as well! Apparently they tried calling me yesterday, but there's no messages on 1571 or the phone's answerphone.

KatyMac Thu 09-Oct-08 21:34:42

hmm - communication?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now