Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder Required - Woking Surrey - P/T

(9 Posts)
superflybaby Thu 09-Oct-08 13:14:50

Does anyone know a childminder in the Knaphill / St. Johns area of Woking Surrey?
I'm looking to move my Daughter from Nursery to a Childminder Weds & Thurs pm 1-6 & Friday 8.30-6pm

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it, the government search sites are useless!

Thanks
x

superflybaby Thu 09-Oct-08 16:55:35

Still looking for a CM smile - how do parents find childminders who have spaces? is there a CM wanted / matching site somewhere?

nannynick Thu 09-Oct-08 18:24:39

Email or Call Surrey Family Information Service - 08456 011777 - surrey.fis@surreycc.gov.uk - and ask for the current Vacancies list for West Surrey.

I agree with you that they don't publish sufficient information on ChildcareLink - Surrey should improve that, or better still split out Children's Information Service to the local borough councils, as having someone local who knows what is happening is better I feel than having someone over in Redhill wondering what is happening over in Camberley/Working.
I'm local to you (based in Lightwater) but alas I nanny, rather than Childmind and already work Wed, Thur, Fri daytime - have some evenings available, but don't expect that is what you are looking for.

nannynick Thu 09-Oct-08 18:32:27

Found an advert on Gumtree, it's a month old though - so the vacancy may have gone. see advert

superflybaby Thu 09-Oct-08 20:58:52

thanks nannynick. I had forgotten about gumtree i guess i could post a wanted on there see what response i get. I have contacted the ad you posted just incase she has space too.
I had called my new local sure start children centre today and they advised calling FIS so they are my next port of call.
I'm really surprised it's not co-ordinated centrally but I guess whatever system is in place must work as kids are with CM's all over my village, I just don't know how to get my kid in with them!

NumberFour Fri 10-Oct-08 13:07:50

Try Netmums, too. West Surrey I think is the area.

Good luck!

superflybaby Fri 10-Oct-08 13:39:50

NumberFour - Just went to Netmums, saw and ad from an available CM & meeting her tomorrow - thanks! xxxx

NumberFour Fri 10-Oct-08 20:30:20

A Pleasure! I found one of my loveliest children on Netmums. I am a childminder btw, but full to the brim!

MissyMay Sat 25-Oct-08 21:47:56

Hi,
I'm in Sunbury, offering an ad-hoc, emergency and flexible CM service.

Please contact me if I can help you any further.

Helen x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now