Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM club; anyone else struggling to keep hold of mindees with the current recession?

(9 Posts)
smeeinit Wed 08-Oct-08 14:00:55

because im losing 2 due to aprent redundancys and am starting to worry! sad

AbbaFan Wed 08-Oct-08 14:18:48

Not yet. I have 3 teachers though, so don't expect they have any job worries.

You may find more people are returning to work, so maybe things will pick up anyway.

looneytune Wed 08-Oct-08 14:35:02

Not you aswell Keep seeing the same thing on here. Luckily I'm fine, all came back after maternity leave and have a BIG waiting list. Had 2 calls yesterday too. Unfortunately the calls are all for under 5 year olds and I only have school run vacancies. I think it must depend on what area you are in but yes, of course redundancies happen whereever you live so I do worry about what may happen in the future.

Hope things turn around for you hun x

hennipenni Wed 08-Oct-08 14:39:41

Came very close to losing one nearly fulltime mindee as both parents were made redundant-Thankfully for them one of them has managed to find another job. However I have two leaving early in 09 and I'm going to struggle to fill both places.

smeeinit Wed 08-Oct-08 16:48:17

thanks loon...im sure it will turn around,it always does, but im a bit fed up today!
sad

mumlove Wed 08-Oct-08 17:44:08

I have lost 2 that have gone to different schools and have not yet managed to replace them, and lots of cm's here have vacancies.

happyfaceschildcare Thu 09-Oct-08 10:59:01

Yep, me struggling to fill vacancies too and the parents I do have either don't pay on time or refuse my holiday I want to book off even tho I'm giving them 3 months notice but just can't risk loosing them they way things are going especially right before xmas

looneytune Thu 09-Oct-08 13:27:38

Happyfaces - GOBSMACKED as them saying NO to your holiday. It's not up to them, it's up to you!!! angry As long as you give them the right about of notice, they can't REFUSE it, can be annoyed but not refuse!

abba1772 Fri 10-Oct-08 20:19:11

i've never been busier, had a bit of a fuss with one of the parents as there was a chance of redundancies at his work but all is well, was only worried as i quite like this wee boy think it's becuase he's a baby and i'm broody lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now