Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Questions for CMs

(7 Posts)
poodletips Tue 07-Oct-08 19:02:08

I'm about to embark on the Precious One's search for childcare.

I've been scouring the local council's site for Childminders and it seems they all work till 6pm. Now, I'll be finishing at 6pm too... given the short but congested commute I imagine i'd make it back at the earliest 6.30pm.

What a to do? Surely most people would arrive after 6pm?

And why does the rate for Childminders in my area, range from £3.50 - £8.00 an hour?

Any takers??

moshie Tue 07-Oct-08 19:20:27

Some will work til 6.30, you need to ring around and ask, childminders are usually flexible with pick-up times depending on their families and other commitments.
Fees will vary because each childminder sets their own charges, again ring and ask what's included.

poodletips Tue 07-Oct-08 19:55:59

thanks moshie

happyfaceschildcare Tue 07-Oct-08 20:10:15

My hours are to suit parents needs so I'm sure there will be one's like that in your area too.
As moshie says each childminder sets their own fees you must live in an area with a high demand for childminders I struggle to fill my spaces have to charge as little as possible, best to speak to some and see what they include in their fees.

JenniPenni Tue 07-Oct-08 22:29:36

I work till my parents need me. They commute, so need at least an hour to get to me... so I am available 7am to 7pm.

MOrticiaAdams Tue 07-Oct-08 22:38:32

I used to be 7 - 7 too. (Actually, I did 6am on Mondays!shock) You need to acually speak to minders and ask them if they can accommodate. None of the minders that I know in my area, would dream of putting a time limit on their day, so maybe that's their ideal day, just for the sake of the website, but are completely fine about working later.

£8 seems very expensive too! I wonder if that particular one is offering silver service food! wink I'd still to under £5 to start with!

poodletips Wed 08-Oct-08 09:51:03

Cheers All! Thanks for your responses, hfc, JP and MO. I'll just have to start dialling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now