Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

ideas/activities

(7 Posts)
bmz Tue 07-Oct-08 17:52:47

i'm running out of ideas/activities for the kids i seem to be spending out too much for craft kits etc. which is what they like. any ideas/activities i can do that are free - anything appreciated bev.

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 07-Oct-08 17:56:54

How old are they?

Home made playdoh

Gloop

Papier mache - this can be a project over a fortninght. I think I use one cup of corn flour to 3 cups of water, boil in a pan whilst stirring, thickens to make glue, cool and use.

Autumn foraging - leaves/acorns/pine cones/seeds/whatever you pick up, dry and stick to card to make collages, or tie onto string to make mobiles.

HTH

bmz Wed 08-Oct-08 11:02:04

thanks for your response. they are 5 and 7 years old.

bmz Wed 08-Oct-08 11:02:29

home made playdough? how do you make that

looneytune Wed 08-Oct-08 11:07:19

Home mad playdoh is fab and easy I use this recipe on nick jr website

bmz Wed 08-Oct-08 11:17:16

many thanks.

NumberFour Wed 08-Oct-08 11:59:38

some children like making cards. just need some stiffish paper, felt tip pens etc and whatever scraps are in your arts and crafts box. lots of glue, a couple of pairs of scissors and maybe some glitter - if you can stand the thought of having a fairy house for the next umpteen years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now