Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

URGENT: childminder needed - SE London

(8 Posts)
Rosiemw Tue 07-Oct-08 11:19:11

My little girl has been going to a lovely childminder in Forest Hill for the last four months. She's no problem there and has been very settled and confident.
BUT the childminder is losing her assistant and so cannot take so many kids. She's giving me four weeks notice, which is a very short time to find someone else and get Daisy (14 months) settled in elsewhere.
So I'm trying every avenue I can. Looking for someone on Mondays and Tuesdays for preference or Tuesday and Wednesday at a pinch, between 8:30 and 5:30. We're in SE23, but would also consider Catford, East Dulwich, Crofton Park, Brockley, or Sydenham. All of these can be on my way into work and my husband's way back.
If anyone can help me or has any leads I'd be very, very grateful. My email

rmurraywest@hotmail.com

LunaFairy Tue 07-Oct-08 13:12:38

Hi Rosiemw, If you go on Netmums website for your region there is a childcare board where cms post their vacancies on and parents/carers post their childcare needs as well. You might have some luck.

Rosiemw Tue 07-Oct-08 17:07:19

Thanks. nothing there though. I'm ridiculously stressed about this. Four weeks is no time ... what do I do?

LunaFairy Tue 07-Oct-08 17:56:06

Have you asked for the up to date childminder vacancy list from Bromley or Lewisham early years?

Barcelonababe Tue 07-Oct-08 18:13:05

Also perhaps consider a nanny share in your area.
www.simplychildcare.co.uk
Given them a call they've always been very helpful to me!

spottedandstriped Tue 07-Oct-08 19:12:58

have a look on www.childcarelink.gov.uk
This has lots of childminders all over the country and should say if they have vacancies.

JenniPenni Tue 07-Oct-08 22:47:08

Check this out too:
http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48

The others mentioned are also great!

dorset Wed 08-Oct-08 13:19:52

Hi i am by elmers end station in beckenham. You probably don't want to travel that far out though although its not far from sydenham.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now