Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nursery are saying I should I leave mindees outside while I pick dd up from Nursery, what do you other cm's do?

(14 Posts)
LoveMyGirls Mon 06-Oct-08 21:26:38

Please help me here

Thanks very much in advance!

I have thought about taking mindees in with me and I did the first day as I only had 1 mindee but now I've got 6mth old mindee who sleeps on the school run but I dont think I could carry him and 17mth old and handle dd2 who is tired and fractious at the end of the day when I'm collecting.

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 06-Oct-08 21:31:55

I think that you take all the children in with you. 17 month old can walk, with strap if needed and you carry the baby. If they bawl well so be it - better that they cry with you then be left.

I think that the nursery are worried about fire corridor/obstruction type of problem. You are quite right not to leave mindees.

smile

HTH

MOrticiaAdams Mon 06-Oct-08 21:34:17

Eh? So, because they are mindees you aren't allowed to take them in, but if all of them were yours (and shock horror, people do have 2 or 3 other lo's) that would be fine?

Sorry, cold, tired and old, so I may be barking up the wrong tree here! grin

MOrticiaAdams Mon 06-Oct-08 21:35:32

Oh!blush Should I read the link, do you think? grin I'll be back.

BTW, You know its me right? Mo?

LoveMyGirls Mon 06-Oct-08 21:36:11

there are steps which 17mth old can't manage so i would have to carry him too and he weighs over 2 and a half stone and I'd probably wake the baby, this would leave me with no hands left to carry dd's lunchbox and get her coat on, I do think it's madness nursery won't either bring dd out with the lady on the gate or let me pop my head round the door from outside.

LoveMyGirls Mon 06-Oct-08 21:37:03

Hi mo, its all children not just mindee's

LoveMyGirls Mon 06-Oct-08 21:38:07

some the mums and cm's seem to know each other so will watch each other kids but dd is new and I don't know anyone and even if i did they are not my children but they are my responsibility i find the nurseries attitude a bit shocking tbh

MOrticiaAdams Mon 06-Oct-08 21:46:12

OK, I'm with you now, read the other thread. Yes, they are being a bit unreasonable, since a large number of children probably have siblings in buggies!

I don't know the answer though. sad I think either, you'll have to try to manage with one pair of hands and 3 or 4 children and a lunch box or try to make friends with someone, quick smart, who can nip in to get DD for you, whilst you wait outside with the mindees. Not ideal though, because she's your baby and you want to meet her at the door. sad

ayla99 Tue 07-Oct-08 00:10:31

Our schools and preschools have the same rule to keep fire exits clear. Have carried 2 under-fives into our preschool, so understand how difficult it is. Especially when they come out with the half set jellies and other stuff they can't carry.

I considered asking the preschool to bring my mindee to the door for me, but I didn't think that would be good for mindee to be treated differently from the others. So just struggled on, with help from other parents with helping with coat, gloves etc.

If parent collects on another day I'd leave wet paintings etc for them to collect another day. If dd needs help with her coat, ask the nursery staff to help her as you don't have a hand free. If there's stuff dd can't carry, ask whichever parent is nearest if they could please carry stuff out to your buggy for you.

Its a real pia, but look on the bright side - every parent there knew I was a childminder. And having seen how conscientious I was, its me parents called, not the cm who left mindees bewildered and crying outside.

JenniPenni Tue 07-Oct-08 08:03:35

As a cm I would NEVER let a child out of my sight, even for 2 mins.

I have also had to carry lil ones in, and take bags from school going child, but it has to be done!

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 07-Oct-08 13:25:03

what a nightmare for you

cant beleive that the nursery are being so difficult about it shock

yes i understand that maybe cant have buggies incase they block the fire doors etc, but still ...........

there is no way i would leave my baby charge in buggy outside on her own

is there any chance that 6mth can change his sleeping patterns and sleep ealier, so not alseep on pick up? might make life easier

if there are steps 9that 17mth cant do by own) how would you get buggy up there easier- or is it a case of bumping up steps etc

i thnak my lucky stars that our nursery isnt the same as yours

LoveMyGirls Tue 07-Oct-08 16:42:28

today I spoke to them again, 3 different members of staff and in the end they agreed they would bring dd out to me.

Dd2 however has come home saying the lady upset her and the lady hit her on the leg (then later said lady hit her on the arm) she has no marks on her and has come home a bit off colour and shattered.I'm considering pulling her out, she's off until friday now so I'll have a think about it and chat to dp, if i pull her out it will either be until Jan when she can do mornings or I'll send her to a different nursery now that will have her in the mornings as I think nursery and missing her nap are a bit much.

I feel the nursery could have done more to reassure me and accomodate me.

What do you all think?

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 07-Oct-08 19:03:01

if she is not happy there, and afternoons seem to be a bit stressful as of time, then yes i would pull her out and wait for a morning space

how old is she?

LoveMyGirls Tue 07-Oct-08 19:10:35

She just turned 3 last week, I think i'll give it another week and see how things are, if no better I'll try a different nursery with morning sessions and see how she gets on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now