Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Confused new CM- HELP, I need my table paper free B4 dinner time!!!

(14 Posts)
mumnosbest Mon 06-Oct-08 13:58:12

I've written policies, statements etc till they're coming out of my ears but don't know how to organise them in my folder. First I was advised to put them under the headings form 'every child matters', which seems quite logical but now I've been throught the new EYFS I'm wondering whether I should re-organise my file under the themes or principles from there. I know it's only organisation and what's in it is what matters, but I want my file to be easy to use and make sense when ofsted visit again. Any suggestions? How have you headed/divided your file?

LunaFairy Mon 06-Oct-08 15:38:10

My portfolio is in a presentation folder which contains about 40 plastic wallets. You can buy them at any stationers.

I haven't got mine organised under the EYFS priniciples - as yet. I might well do when I get the time. I have ensured I've got all the madatory policies relating to EYFS and policies that relate to my setting.

I've also got all my certificates, CRBs first aid, qualifications, car insurance, car mot, public lib insurance, references, thank you cards and the list goes on..

mumnosbest Mon 06-Oct-08 15:57:03

thanks for your reply. I have a similar folder and wallets but was just so confused where to start. I was given an example of how to organise my file b4 the new EYFS but think it makes more sense to start with the new EYFS. It means starting from scratch but at least I wont have to reorganise it again.

LunaFairy Mon 06-Oct-08 16:12:35

My portfolio starts with a one pager 'about me' so the parent/carer can get an idea about me as a person and my family.

I then have a rates page then follows my policies, certs, refs and any other useful info

Hope this helps. Have fun!

mumnosbest Mon 06-Oct-08 16:34:26

Thanks that's very helpful, had forgotten all about including fees page (only slightly important!)

JenniPenni Mon 06-Oct-08 17:51:29

I have a portfolio with certificates, about me, experience, references etc. etc... and a separate policies file arranged as per the EYFS. I have 40 policies so it had to be separate!

thesockmonsterofdoom Mon 06-Oct-08 18:06:24

check this out.

thesockmonsterofdoom Mon 06-Oct-08 18:06:52

aha works for me then.

WouldYouCouldYouWithAGoat Mon 06-Oct-08 18:11:32

[testing testing one two three]

mehgalegs Mon 06-Oct-08 18:12:19

The time has gone wobbly

MOrticiaAdams Mon 06-Oct-08 18:18:48

May I just apologise to the OP! I wanted to look at your thread for about 2 hours now, but MN wouldn't let me for some reason! I just did a test thread asking if anyone else could get on it and these lovely people clearly could and LL has sorted me out and got me on! grin

thesockmonsterofdoom Mon 06-Oct-08 18:25:39

blush I thought it was your thread.

mumnosbest Mon 06-Oct-08 18:42:46

Was confused, now very confused!

mumnosbest Mon 06-Oct-08 18:45:04

Thanks jennipenni, Don't quite have 40 policies but probably not far off so might put them in a seperate file too. Another problem I'm finding is that EYFS is very repetaive. I put a document under one heading, only to find I need it somewhereelse too! Who came up with this 'framework'?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now