Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - i need a triple buggy for november. what do you think of this?

(11 Posts)
eleanorsmum Mon 06-Oct-08 10:01:48

here

my intial thoughts are it might be heavy to lift up kurbs etc and how much recline can they do, also where do the feet actually go, how much leg room?

but it can be used as a double (which would be great as i only need a triple 2 days a week really!) and it has swivel wheels!

thoughts and comments much apreciated!

nannyL Mon 06-Oct-08 12:21:17

I saw one of those in real life at the animal farm a while back... the mum had triplets...

it looked good and the mum was quite happy with it as it could still fit through doors.

It looked there was enough space for the children

mumlove Mon 06-Oct-08 12:48:14

If I was buying a triple buggy I think I would go for 1 like that rather thar side by side.
All double/triples are heavy or can have problems getting up kerbs etc. Do you need to use it with the car or will you just walk with it?

Diane73 Mon 06-Oct-08 13:46:22

I have looked after triplets before and would not recomend this type of pushcahir they are very heavy and hard to push also childrens get very cross as they can't see and they're squashed etc!! We had one similair to this and only used it once then mum brought a three wheeler double which converted into a triple with a extra seat above the double in the middle was very easy to push also had a double macalaren which had an extra bit u clip to side to make a triple buggy was ok for short distances!
Hope this helps

eleanorsmum Mon 06-Oct-08 13:54:52

thanks for your thoughts. I have seen what i really wnat but i just can't afford it. it is a side by side double with a toddler seat on top. but they are £500! an investment i know but arg! thought this might do in the mean time!

mumlove Mon 06-Oct-08 14:51:32

That's the problem, it's the cost of 1 here or here.
I know that 1 cm on here used to have a side by side 3 wheeler that attached a child bike seat (also used 1 of those toddler emmjauly seats here) to the front using cable ties.

cmx2 Mon 06-Oct-08 15:13:49

i find these heavy to push because the child at the front has all their weight over the front wheels which makes it very hard to steer

Tas1 Mon 06-Oct-08 19:32:09

I have only had experience of the double version but my experience is, it is very heavy.
Its not too bad when they are babies but as they get older they get heavier.
I have just changed my double version because when i've got two toddlers, nappy bag, hand bag and shopping in it, I could hardly push it let alone get it uo kerbs. I would hate to think how heavy a triple version would be.
I would look at a side by side if it was me.

RachieB Mon 06-Oct-08 19:48:05

how old are the children ?

as its only 2 days could you get away with using a double plus a buggy board / seat to go for older ones?

or a sling / carrier for younger one?

SillyMillysMummy Mon 06-Oct-08 20:28:35

imo you would be better off with an easylife if the ABC is too much

like this

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Twin-Triple-Buggy-Pedigree-Easylife-Sport-Buggy_W0QQitemZ150300613956QQihZ005QQcatego ryZ53681QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

eleanorsmum Mon 06-Oct-08 21:49:18

thanks for the thoughts again and the links. does the weight of a toddler not make the easylife hard to lift for kurbs?

kids are 7mth, 18mth and 2. have discounted buggy boards as i'm so short the hurt my back or shins! and the sling would only be an option for a short while really, again due to back issues!

am tempted with an urban detour but not sure if anyway to fit extra seat on. really like the abc buggy as the toddler gets to sit on top to talk to! arg decsions decsions.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: