Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Quiet Weekend - Any other babysitters finding it quiet these days?

(6 Posts)
nannynick Sat 04-Oct-08 14:16:25

I was just wondering if it was just me who was finding evening babysitting work a bit lacking these days, or if others are finding the same thing.
Is 'staying in' the new 'going out'? I suspect that with the current financial situation, for many families this may well be the case.

FourArms Sat 04-Oct-08 14:23:00

It's also the run up to Christmas, so perhaps you'll be busier in November and December, but people are saving a bit now? Going out is so expensive once you factor in a babysitter. I wouldn't do this unless I really really had to - I usually swap favours with a friend.

nannyL Sat 04-Oct-08 14:38:31

I agree im being asked less

maybe its because i ahve finally learnt to say no people and put my own plans 1st, and not babyist at all if i have had a very long week, so im asked less?

i dont mind though as i do so many hours in the week i dont like babysitting that much anyway (hence im learning to say no)

Im already booked up with my own plans for every saturday during december... but buy now i ahve normally been asked for a few dates in december, and i havent even been asked yet... but then im not free anyway

ilovethecake Sat 04-Oct-08 16:14:16

Funny, i find babysitting like London buses, i don't get asked for ages then i get asked three times for the same eveninggrin!!! I say yes to the first person, but by the third i'm wishing i could change my mind on which one i babysit for,( It's usaually the third family who pay beter, better location, parking, better tv, and SKY!!)Oh well, it's all extra money!! Actually babysitting tonight, for my sis, she collects me, i lay on sofa doing nothing, she gives me some money and i get a lift home, and it doesn't matter if i have that " just woken up look"grin!!"

AbbaFan Sat 04-Oct-08 16:17:22

I have had a really busy time babysitting over the last 2 months. I did more job's this September than I have done all year.

lindseyfox Sat 04-Oct-08 16:28:10

agree Nick it has been a little quieter, not had many new enquries and the families who are regulars dont go out as often.

night nanny work has been good up until this last month so i havent really been available for much babysitting anyway.

what i have done is introduce an introductory rate for families within 5miles of where i live until 1st dec 08, 25% discount then full price after 1st dec.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now