Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM club - can any one remind mind about 'overnight care' requirements

(6 Posts)
tulip31 Fri 03-Oct-08 20:20:49

Evening all,

I am thinking about registering for overnight care (for the little lad that I mind on shifts, if the mum needs extra cover - I currently don't have him overnight), and even though I have looked at the ofsted website I can't find what I'd need in place or what I need to do to get it added by ofsted??

Many Thanks in advance, tulip xx

busymum1 Fri 03-Oct-08 21:07:38

fire officer needs to approve your fire exit weekly smoke alarm tests torch for every adult in house means to hear child by I.e. baby monitor if out of earshot in room you wish to use can't think of anything else but removed overnight 2 years ago have a look in eyfs guidance or standards

looneytune Sat 04-Oct-08 12:22:48

I was never told I needed a fire officer to approve the fire exit when I reg'd to have overnight over a year ago.

busymum1 Sat 04-Oct-08 17:51:01

I was but as i say was over 3 years ago

tulip31 Sat 04-Oct-08 18:33:42

Thank you ladies,

I'll have to think some more about it. My main concern would be the ladders on my son's high beds, and as my 1 year old has been at A&E today cos he fell off of his brothers bed - I am going to think long and hard about this hmm.

Thanks again, tulip

looneytune Sat 04-Oct-08 18:58:16

Oh poor 1 yr old Having said that, I can't see that affecting you being registered for overnight care? My ds1 has a mid-sleeper with ladder but overnight mindees have a seperate room of their own (think they have to?!) and so far, I've only looked after babies/toddlers who've been in cots.

Hope your lo is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now