Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - Please can you help me out with my fees......minimums for School Runs and fees for school hols....

(20 Posts)
looneytune Fri 03-Oct-08 14:07:07

What do you charge as a minimum for:

Before School
After School
School holidays

???

Also, do you have different rates for part time and full time hours? If so, please let me know how you deal with this as rethinking my prices for this sort of thing.

TIA

FiveGoMadInDorset Fri 03-Oct-08 14:10:52

butting in here Hi Looney (Sophie from June '08) just wondering how you are doing and are you coping with work and baby.

looneytune Fri 03-Oct-08 14:14:42

Hi hunny I'm fine thanks, being back at work with up to 6 aged 5 and under was a bit of a shock but we're getting there. I'm at the end of my 5th week back and we're back into a routine. I kept wanting to come back to the thread but felt funny after my old friend saw what I put about her on there and then tbh, could never keep up and didn't see the point as everyone else seemed more regular iyswim. Anyway, how are you? xx

dmo Fri 03-Oct-08 14:16:05

hi looney
i keep my hourly rate the same for full or part time.

most of my children are on a fixed price (ie their hours are the same every week)
the other couple of children i have the parents do shifts so need me different hours each week and i just say they must do 5hrs per week min (this is before and after school children only)
hope this helps

FiveGoMadInDorset Fri 03-Oct-08 14:16:11

Good, busy, one more week to go with people in everyday and then things quieten down so will enjoy DS more. I am off to bed to catch up on some sleep.

looneytune Fri 03-Oct-08 14:25:48

Sophie - enjoy your time with ds This is te big downside is that ds2 is with me all day yet I get to the last feed of the day in bed and I look at him and say 'I've missed you' as I just don't get to spend proper time with him But needs must and all that, he seems to enjoy the hectic house more than when it's quiet so can't be all that bad.

Dmo - cheers In the school hols I've got someone wanting just a few hours right in the middle of the day and I'm just trying to decide whether or not to have a set min fee?

looneytune Fri 03-Oct-08 16:33:09

bump

SammyK Fri 03-Oct-08 17:51:25

Hi LT smile

I charge the same rate per hour for full and part timers, and don't offer sib discount.

For school runs I charge a two hour minimum.

HTH

looneytune Fri 03-Oct-08 19:51:19

Cheers for that. I'm sure I've seen other people mention min of x hours during a full day in the hols?? Not sure what to do about this. And Sammy....do you charge min of 2 hours for morning (before school) too or just whatever they use?

ThePrisoner Fri 03-Oct-08 20:47:51

I charge the same hourly rate for everyone - full-time, part-time, ad hoc, whatever. I don't offer discounts for siblings.

I charge for a minimum of an hour for before/after school.

I don't have a minimum charge for school holidays. I am happy to offer term-time only or school-holiday only contracts.

smile

southernbelle77 Fri 03-Oct-08 21:42:26

I charge min of an hour before school. All after schools have always paid for 3 hours so not had to worry about it (but would probably charge a min of 2 hours if I needed to)

Charge same for full time and part time (as long as it's over 8 hours a week), but charge more per hour for before and after schoolies.

School holidays I have yet to do for school age children but it will happen soon. For the ones I do not have very often (adhoc) I would charge the same price per hour as I do before and after school, but for the full time schoolies I would revert to my under 5 rate.

Does any of that make sense?!!

looneytune Sat 04-Oct-08 12:21:01

Thanks everyone. Just need to think about the school hols as I'd have to stay local the day needed as hours are approx 2.30-4.30ish

mum2akebk Sat 04-Oct-08 13:08:45

Hi,

Bit late to this but I charge a minimum of 1 hr before school and 2 hours after school.

For the school hols, at the moment I charge £20.00 for hours between 9.00 to 5.00 (a saving of £4.00 on normal full time fees) and then £3.00 per hour for any hours before after that time.

Hth

looneytune Sat 04-Oct-08 18:26:54

Thanks for that. What's you normal hourly rate so I can compare?

mum2akebk Sat 04-Oct-08 18:39:20

Hi, it depends when they started!!!

I'm not too good at increasing fees for children I have had for a while (since I started childminding almost 4 years ago in reality) so I have one after schoolie on £3 p.h., one on £3.25 p.h., two newish ones on £3.50 p.h. and I will have an after-schoolie returning to me in November who I will charge £3.50 p.h. (Luckily they don't talk to each other about fees and don't all come on the same days, although I am about to increase my fees so all are the same.)

For pre-school children I charge £3.00 per hour full time and £3.25 per hour part-time.

looneytune Sat 04-Oct-08 18:59:59

Far too complicated for me lol. I have all on the same hourly rate which is being increased in Feb. Any new mindees between now and then will be charged at the new higher rate.

Thanks for sharing what you do. If anyone else has a different way of charging, please post on here. I'm trying to get a big picture of what people do before I decide what I'm going to do myself

mumlove Sat 04-Oct-08 19:51:34

I charge £5 p/h before and after school, then if they come to me in the holidays they go back to my daily fee of £30 8am - 5pm.

I wouldn't take on a holiday child with hours like that unless the parents were willing to drop the child off at the place we were on an outing to. I would also still keep the hourly fee of £5 for those hours.

looneytune Sun 05-Oct-08 08:01:44

Thanks for that mumlove. Out of interest, do you have a set daily rate for term time too or is it just the holidays? As for these hours in the hols, it will be a one off for Oct half term and as it's only 1 day, it's not a problem. Mine are all so little that we won't be doing big day trips just yet anyway. I agree that I wouldn't do those hours as a permanent thing.

mumlove Sun 05-Oct-08 08:24:41

Under 5's are charged at £3.50 per hour or daily fee £30 unless they are contracted for 4 hours a day or less then hourly fee of £4.50.
My t/t only's pay 1/2 fee retainer for the holidays.

looneytune Sun 05-Oct-08 09:05:07

That's very useful, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now