Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Thanks crunchie, it's FRIDAY Staff Room!

(25 Posts)
southernbelle77 Fri 03-Oct-08 06:45:30

Good morning all! Up bright and early thanks to dd! Have been having to wake her up lately so actually being woken up is not fun!

But today is a new day and it's going to be a good one! The last few days have been stressful and hard work, but today is an easier (only got 4 children here tonight instead of the 7 I have been having previously - 1 less SAHMindee and 2 less after schoolies today!) so should be a breeze

Off out with the littlies this morning after school run then back for naps this afternoon before school run again!

Think it's going to be wet but not going to let it bother me today It is the weekend tomnorrow after all

southernbelle77 Fri 03-Oct-08 06:46:31

Oh, and there is coffee, tea, hot chocolate and all forms of pastries out this morning! To warm you all up now the weather is turning soooooooo cold!!

TheConfusedofthedeadOne Fri 03-Oct-08 06:52:47

Swimming this morning, (knackers the mindees out) its so lovely on a Friday

I bring them home for a sleep, and while we have been swimming, my lady that does, does grin

I put the dinner on while they are sleeping, do this weeks admin things.

Get the mindees up feed change, short paly school run, and than they are all gone by 5 grin

I LOVE FRIDAYS!!!

eleanorsmum Fri 03-Oct-08 08:27:39

Morning all
off to fun session this morning (softplay bouncy castle tramploines) at the sports centre. last time i can go before doing my uni course every friday! sniff i love tramploining grin dd has doc for asthma then lunch and school. have just agreed to have mindee till 6 and give her tea so will have to shop this pm as have not enough food!
have got friends all weekend and then new parent coming to do contracts etc on monday.

have lovely day all, day off tom!

NumberFour Fri 03-Oct-08 08:27:40

MOrning! No kids today thanks to one bout of the runs by my son yesterday - that was before he fell down the stairs head first, crashing into the stairgate! sad my poor baby! Red cheek and a lump on his head.
But my cleaner comes today grin and with no kids this afternoon, my house just might stay clean for a couple of hours longer.

eleanorsmum Fri 03-Oct-08 08:30:02

can i be cheeky and those of you who have a cleaner, how much do you pay and for how long? and do they manage around all the toys etc? might have to get one at least while i'm doing my uni course. my mum has very kindly offered to do my ironing for the time being (she actually enjoys it, weird woman!) so if cleaning was off my hands too then i might be able to get my work done!

coolj Fri 03-Oct-08 08:52:06

Morning all from the sunny Lakes. No mindees today so gonna do a large pile of ironing instead and get ready for a weekend break. Hope your DS is feeling a bit better today NumberFour. He must be aching at both ends poor soul.

Thanks SB77 for morning tea. Im nothing without it.

Have a good day all and an even better weekend. smile

SammyK Fri 03-Oct-08 09:25:42

I. AM. MAD. angry

DS started being sick wed aft, so I had to take wed afternoon and all day thursday off at no pay, letting three families/four children down.

Back to work today and mindee's mum just told me all chatty that mindee was violently sick 4 or 5 times on Tuesday night - but she brought him wed anyway as he seemed fine! shock

I just nodded along in shock with my mouth hanging open. I can't believe someone would be so thoughtless!!! Feel totally taken advantage of and such a mug. sad

eleanorsmum Fri 03-Oct-08 12:11:06

sammy - you need to re issue your sick policy. that is so unfair you lost pay because her lo was sick! she more than likely gave a bug to your child! I would be fuming!

SammyK Fri 03-Oct-08 12:25:42

I am fuming. Really fuming.

I just stood there open mouthed this morning - I a going to have to broach this with her but don't know how. Also need to give her her refunded fees. hmm angry

TheConfusedofthedeadOne Fri 03-Oct-08 13:05:10

Sammy I issued this to every parent when it happened to me a few yeasr ago, along with a strongly worded newsletter, stating that if I was off work because a infected child had been brought to childcare, then there would be NO REFUND of fees.

SammyK Fri 03-Oct-08 14:27:17

I have that in my hallway TC, and in my policies which I give to each parent. How do you prove it though, it would be your word against theirs wouldn't it?hmm

I am still angry about it, mum due any moment and still don't know what I will say to her.

NumberFour Fri 03-Oct-08 15:28:14

Difficult situation! It makes me really cross, too when sick kids are brought in to my home. When my LO started his diarrhoea yesterday I told him to stay upstairs and wait for me ther while I called all the parents and asked them to collect their kids (see my shining halo!)

E'smum: I have a cleaner in for 2 hours a week at the cost of £20 a week. It is my saving grace. Most of the running of the house and the cleaning, shopping etc is left up to me and the only way I can keep on top of it after 11- 12 hours childminding a day, 5 days a week, is to get someone in every Friday. She tends to leav my untidy toy boxes with the stuff stacke on it, and she ignores my desk, at my request (desk is pushing it - my kitchen counter where our pc is). While part of me thinks that it is a luxury, my (not particularly hany around the house) husband reckons I should just take it as an expense required for the running of the busines. And it means that Saturdays I am free rather than bitching and moaning and cleaning.

Friday! Lovely!

Enjoy your weekends, everyone.

Sammyk, I hope you were able to face up to the mum. I have difficulties doing that. HOPe your DS is lots better.

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 03-Oct-08 15:31:44

Grim, Sammy.

It's not fair, on you or the other families that you work with.

TheConfusedofthedeadOne Fri 03-Oct-08 17:37:50

My lady that does isn't sad

She is leaving [sob]sad

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

KatyMac Fri 03-Oct-08 18:55:09

Can anyone help me here?

TheConfusedofthedeadOne Fri 03-Oct-08 19:14:41

I cant remember where I got mine (and mine are bright gold grin) but it was a school uniform shop on line.

southernbelle77 Fri 03-Oct-08 19:55:34

I am seriously thinking about getting a cleaner! Just bought it up with dh and he thinks its a good idea! Would they clean my bathrooms?? That's the most important thing I need doing! And my kitchen would be good too! Oh no, now I'm thinking about it I can think of LOADS that I could be doing having done!! Ok, might have to really work out what I need, but I AM going to look into it!

Had an ok day too (end of the week, knackered so not a GREAT day!). But had a lovely time with little mindees this morning and we went for a lovely walk this afternoon. Glad it's the weekend now though and the wine is in full flow

nannynick Fri 03-Oct-08 20:04:57

A cleaner say once a week for 3 hours, would be great I expect. Expect it would also not be huge cost either - under £30 I'd expect. They most certainly would do Bathrooms, Kitchen. Only difficulty would be working around them... but you could always take the children out for a long walk, or something.

KatyMac Fri 03-Oct-08 20:20:26

I had 2 hrs & had her CRB'd (but I can't afford it now}

TheConfusedofthedeadOne Fri 03-Oct-08 20:25:31

My cleaner came on a Friday morning while we were out at swimming, she would be just finishing as we came in cost me £21.00 for 3 hours.

southernbelle77 Fri 03-Oct-08 21:44:24

Where do you go about finding someone then? The only issue I can think of is that I would end up cleaning so the cleaner didn't think i was a slob

TheConfusedofthedeadOne Fri 03-Oct-08 21:56:07

I do tidy before she comes, but that is because I need her to clean not tidy grin

I put a wanted ad in the local shop. Got loads of replies and just clicked with my cleaner, now ill have to find another one.

eleanorsmum Fri 03-Oct-08 21:57:53

sb - i would worry about this too! but i guess you could arrnage for them to claen around piles! or maybe lift and put back! but i don't tend to have 'stuff' in my kitchen or bathroom which are the two main places i'd want cleaned. i'd also want the stairs hoovered and maybe the beds changed? or is this too much do you think? what do they get done in say 2 hours? anyone?

TheConfusedofthedeadOne Fri 03-Oct-08 22:10:13

Mine do did all that, well I stripped the bed and she remade it with clean bedding.

She was also great at spotting a removing all those finger prints. grin

ITS NOT FAIR THAT SHE IS LEAVING!!!!!! [stamps feet]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now