Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

bit short notice really (have had head up arse. doh) but my young nanny is leaving after 2 yrs... what kind of present or summink would you think was nice?

(16 Posts)
NappiesGalore Thu 02-Oct-08 18:24:40

am having an imagination failure

NappiesGalore Thu 02-Oct-08 18:26:09

she is 19. and going to be working in london and some other county (the family have 2 homes). she is from a wee village down the road.

SimpleAsABC Thu 02-Oct-08 18:31:52

does she like radley?

NappiesGalore Thu 02-Oct-08 18:46:36

i dont think so. not really her style... too formal i think

bumbling Thu 02-Oct-08 18:47:46

Fantastic smelly candle, a Tiffanys voucher ... well it went down well for a nanny I know in London!

nannynick Thu 02-Oct-08 18:49:56

Would she appreciate quality cosmetics... a gift pack perhaps from BeautyExpert

NappiesGalore Thu 02-Oct-08 21:03:45

man, im gonna have to go into a town and have a look for something nice arent i?
thanks for suggestions

mummypoppins Thu 02-Oct-08 22:25:23

amazon voucher.........she can buy pretty much what she wants from there.

jura Fri 03-Oct-08 00:18:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crokky Fri 03-Oct-08 00:22:29

ipod shuffle?

NappiesGalore Fri 03-Oct-08 00:32:05

now jura and crokky, both of those are actually pretty good ideas... if only i could get the damn photo printer to work... will have to take a memory card down to boots instead. thanks! and ipod thingy is v good idea, better 'subtly' find out of she has anything of that ilk already (ive never seen one) and you need a pc for ipod too, dont you? dunno if she has one (always uses mine here)

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 03-Oct-08 10:30:46

spa/beauty vouchers

amazon vouchers are a good idea - im always on there

snowleopard Fri 03-Oct-08 10:34:18

It's not very original but I think a voucher is best. I would giver her a boots voucher - pretty much all young women love to go mad in Boots.

danceontherun Fri 03-Oct-08 13:41:20

Two Words- White Company

lindseyfox Fri 03-Oct-08 16:30:10

is she going to be living in her place if so some vouchers for marks and spencers may be nice coz she has option of buying some nice food with it or bits for her home or clothes.

maybe just a cheque for x amount then a photo of your children in a frame with a card made by the children.

wouldnt worry too much about it, something simple and thoughtful are the nicest gifts.

personally i would love a green and blacks hamper from their website but then i could eat a bar of that butterscotch choc a night (ok an hr but dont tell anyone!!)

hauschkahels Fri 03-Oct-08 16:40:46

Hi- I was a nanny for 10 years (long time ago now!!)
One job I left they gave me a day at the Sanctuary in Covent Garden, that was very nice, another family gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers & pics of the kids & cards they had made which were beautiful. It was never a case of ooh they spent loads of money it was more that they had thought about what I liked & spent time making the cards with the children.
Also, a family I worked for took me out for a meal which was also great, & they got me Theatre vouchers-
Hope these suggestions help. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now