Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Travel

(5 Posts)
Glubs Thu 02-Oct-08 13:20:45

I wonder if anyone has any ideas on the following:

I take my daughter to her childminder on foot as it's only about 1½ miles from my home. It's a busy road and is always conjested and there's nowhere to park at my childminders house.

We leave at 7am and return at 7pm so in the winter it's dark. My daughter arrives in her pyjamas and I collect her in her pyjamas.

She's 3 at the moment so this is all done with a pushchair but she's rapidly getting too big for it.

I can't get her to walk or cycle that distance at the beginning and end of each day (especially when it's dark) and if I have to get her dressed then we have to get up even earlier which doesn't seem fair on either of us.

I've looked into a bike with a trailer but it means storing it all somewhere and also means that if my train is delayed and I get someone to pick her up then the bike and trailer have to be stored/picked up later etc.

I can't be the only Mum with this problem but short of buying her a wheelchair I'm out of ideas!

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 02-Oct-08 13:27:59

have you thought about a buggy for older children?

HTH

Glubs Mon 06-Oct-08 22:01:05

Thanks so much. I had no idea these things existed. I've just ordered a Maclaren Major which is a cheaper version of what you suggested. It's for special needs children, again I'd never have thought of looking there so it's ideal as it'll do for my daughter until she's about 9 if need be. I just need to make sure she doesn't think she'll be wheeled around everywhere. It's strictly for childmind use only!

Thanks again

x

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 06-Oct-08 22:02:30

smile

BradfordMum Tue 07-Oct-08 07:05:08

How about a Taxi?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now