Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Wednesday staffrrom - october is here! where did septemebr go................

(29 Posts)
eleanorsmum Wed 01-Oct-08 07:38:05

Morning all

I started my EYP course yesterday - looks like good fun but lots of work, am quite excited about actually tlaking to other like minded people and learning alot more (my brain is aching though!)

If anyone has anything regarding eyfs that is working for them (ie obs or planning forms) I'd be most grateful for a copy. am doing ok but need to see other ideas for my course. if you could email me on

keri dot bradley at tiscali dot co dot uk

As for today i'm gonna get wet i feel! walk to drop in this morn, then picnic lunch in my mums lounge dd back to school and then home for naps before school run! am going shopping tonight to buy me and dd a waterproof coat! if not today then def saturday - can't keep getting soggy!

TheConfusedOne Wed 01-Oct-08 07:46:37

September gone! Where has the year gone.

New baby starting today so all go!

mumlove Wed 01-Oct-08 08:18:50

Morning everyone.

October and the party invites have to go out today! My baby is going to be 8 this month sad.

I am going to risk walking to school today as visiting a cm near to school to play for the morning until we need to collect at lunchtime.

Have a great day grin

SammyK Wed 01-Oct-08 08:22:43

Morning everyone, cannot believe it is October! shock

KatyMac Wed 01-Oct-08 09:20:37

Hallowe'en approaching - tbh it isn't something I really celebrate - I like bob apple & duck apple but trick or treat is not part of our family celebrations & I don't participate

NumberFour Wed 01-Oct-08 09:31:39

Morning
I'm not a fan of Halloween either!
My son's birthday this month, too so we have that to look forward to. I love birthdays!
E'sMum, I am starting the 6 month EYPS thingy in Jan 09 and I am REALLy looking forward to it. Think I may stop childminding Sept09 when my LO goes to school and I am fully EYPS'd! Where are you doing the course? I will be at Kingston next year.

JenniPenni Wed 01-Oct-08 09:43:11

I am ashamed to say I do not even go to the door when the kids are trick or treating... blush I just do not like the whole witch, spells, dark side of Halloween at all. My mindees will not do anythign Halloweeny at all. I have told the parents this already, a couple of them don't do anything either.

danceontherun Wed 01-Oct-08 10:24:00

Never mind September where has the whole year gone??

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 01-Oct-08 11:16:42

i LOVE halloween! in fact i like it better than christmas - we will go trick or treating and have masses of sweeties for those who call here!

well i have ZERO mindees and have just become a commitee member for pre-school - does that mean i'm a grown up lady?

hope i will get new mindees soon BUT have decided to make the most of my time off and reduce the clutter and broken toy debris that is my home!

hope everyone has a good day smile

TheConfusedOne Wed 01-Oct-08 11:31:15

Ok Ok probably talking far to soon, and gonna jinx myself.

BUT I HAVE TAKEN ON THE PERFECT BABY!!!

He is 10 and half months, came in without a murmur, played (just crawling although doesn't like to sit) gurgled, took his milk no probs, ate his lunch straight down, I have just taken him up to bed, put him down tucked him in and he has gone to sleep!

How much do you wanna bet he screams all day tomorrow grin

SammyK Wed 01-Oct-08 11:59:19

I am not keen on tric or treating either, will only answer to young children, dressed up, and with their parents. As I live on a main road this is rare.

Me and DP re off to a halloween party, ds staying at my mums as it is in a field with our fellow camping friends and will be vrey scary! grin

TCO - I often say newbies are worse second day in but does sound lovely. smile

MaureenMLove Wed 01-Oct-08 12:32:01

<<sneaks in the back door>> SSShhhhh! Don't tell, but I'm in DT with Year 8's and they are all sitting quietly doing their work and I've got nothing to do! I have to keep minimising the page though!grin

southernbelle77 Wed 01-Oct-08 12:58:42

Afternoon all

Been out and about all morning and wore all the mindees out as all three are sleeping right now

Glad new mindee is going well today TCO. Long may it continue

Slap on the hand for Mo! Popping in here when in a classroom with year 8's!! I'd never do anything like that Still enjoying the job?? Sure you don't want to come back to cm'ing?!!!!

london11 Wed 01-Oct-08 12:59:58

Glad it's going well TCO. x

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 01-Oct-08 13:03:53

shock MO !!! grin

fingers crossed "perfect" baby stays perfect smile

southernbelle77 Wed 01-Oct-08 13:11:25

Oh, I'm not a fan of halloween either. Especially these days when older kids make it stupid and scare people.
I turn the lights off and hope the doorbell doesn't ring
DD is just getting to the stage where I think she might get into it now she has started school, but I hope not!

LoveMyGirls Wed 01-Oct-08 13:20:22

Hey everyone,

I'm not a fan of Halloween either, it's commercial rubbish, like valentines except at least I get a quality night with dp rather than spending the evening jumping u and down like a yo-yo cursing incase they wake my kids (the kids in my street don't go to bed until about 11pm while min are in bed by 8) praying they on' egg my windows or my car or worse.

I've got newbies startng next week too hope my baby is as good as your's TCO!

DD2 turned 3 this week and has just started nursery, I can't believe it!

I've started this thread, thought I'd link it incase any of you want to support/ join? I really need to get sorted so I can save for the wedding!

eleanorsmum Wed 01-Oct-08 13:23:33

busy staff room today and you've all been very kind not to mention the fact i can't spell staffroom in the title! finger trouble!

Anyway - I just got my variation! whoo hoo! so pleased with that - only took 10 days too!

off to call parents now to get settling in going!

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 01-Oct-08 13:24:56

Hi all

Been busy week, both mindees asleep right now but baby teething so restless awww

I have a few concerns about speech development/dribbling in a three year old, I'll start a thread later on.

Hope you all have a great day.

smile

KatyMac Wed 01-Oct-08 16:27:33

Getting all ready to defend myself this Saturday - on an EYFS paperwork course

I have my EYFS paperwork - I finished it last night - I AM NOT CHANGING IT, so there (even if you lot or the course peeps think it's crap)

TheConfusedOne Wed 01-Oct-08 18:18:30

{whispers} I love Halloween, we decorate outside the house even more than Christmas, and that is saying something blush

MaureenMLove Wed 01-Oct-08 18:55:55

Does in remind you of your real home in Eastwick, with all the other witches! grin

TheConfusedOne Wed 01-Oct-08 19:46:01

shockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshock

Thats it I'm going to dob you in that you were MNing instead of teaching! [hard stare, in fact very very hard stare]

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 01-Oct-08 19:49:46

grin

MaureenMLove Wed 01-Oct-08 19:53:25

Mwah! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now