Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

would you do it?

(19 Posts)
bambi06 Tue 30-Sep-08 19:47:01

o.k would you consider taking on an extra baby [6 mth old] when you already have two 2 yr olds and two after school kids 7/8..the two yr old [only just two] would still need a buggy and what do i do with baby? i walk to school every day but obviously if bad weather then its car!!

chloemegjess Tue 30-Sep-08 19:50:55

Yes, of course.

Do you not have a double buggy?

danceontherun Tue 30-Sep-08 20:17:44

Double buggy?Do any of your mindee mums have one you could borrow if you don't want to buy one?

bambi06 Wed 01-Oct-08 09:54:49

i have a double buggy but what im asking is..how will i manage when ive got the two yr old in a buggy plus a 6 monthold and school run.which is normally fast walking..remember they are only just turned two so unable to walk that fast and that far ! plus how would you manage sleep times..three cots!!! if any of you have this arrangement id love to share your experiences and work out how you manage..thanks

bambi06 Wed 01-Oct-08 09:56:32

sorry but maybe i didnt make it clear..i have two , only just turned ,two year olds plus a 6 month old to consider

KatyMac Wed 01-Oct-08 10:12:11

2yos take turns in the buggy plus you allow longer to walk

Or you get a sling for the baby

Or you use a buggy board

The car is more difficult do you have 5 back seats?

looneytune Wed 01-Oct-08 10:53:48

3 days a week I have:

3 month old (ds2), 9 month old, 19 month old & 5 yr old (ds1)

2 days a week I have:

3 month old (ds2), 17 month old, 19 month old & 5 yr old (ds1)

I also sometimes have a 4 yr old school pick up (adhoc)

The car is fine as have all seats. We then walk from where we park and I have 2 in double pushchair and my baby in a sling. The after schoolers then hold on to the side of the pushchair.

Yes, it's hard work but it's also very rewarding. On days like today where I'm knackered due to my own baby waking in the night, I wish I didn't have them all so young but most of the time I think it's great and I look forward to them all being older and still being similar ages and enjoying the same things

I say go for it! There are always buggy boards and seats to attach so I actually think your ages should be easier.

HTH

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 01-Oct-08 11:11:19

i wouldn't do it.

i am lazy and like an easy life - two two years olds sounds hard enough!

NumberFour Wed 01-Oct-08 12:58:51

I had 3 around 15 months to 18 months. I drove to school but then would have a double buggy and carry the other in my arms! It was difficult to say the least. That summer was particularly hot and it was really hard work. I developed tendonitis in my Achilles tendons (both legs) from leaning forward and pushing the buggy at a peculiar angle.

The three are still very good friends though for differing reasons I no longer childmind them. They all see each other every day at the same preschool and when I asked my now almost 4 year old son who he wanted to invite to his party, their names were the only two mentioned!

Having said all of that: I would not do that again!! Not for all the tea in China!

southernbelle77 Wed 01-Oct-08 13:07:19

Every day I either have two 2 year olds and a one year old, or two one year olds and a two year old. I also pick up at least 2, sometimes 4 from school. I use a double buggy with a buggy board. Never had a problem (other than a rising 5 wanting to go on the buggy board!) and can walk pretty quickly if I need to.

LunaFairy Wed 01-Oct-08 13:35:05

On one day a week I have 3 under 3's and they're all at different ages. It's hard to attend groups and walk anywhere. I have a twin pushchair that doesn't allow me to attach a buggy board. I have a very lazy ds who doesn't like to walk too far. I have to drive if I go anywhere. But as its only one day its fine for me.

I guess only you know what you're able to cope with.

bambi06 Wed 01-Oct-08 13:46:23

Boy youre all amazing..im thinking i want an easier life..im getting to old for all this..ive worked for over 20 yrs with kids in various capacities but somedays especially when your own baby is a terrible sleeper at nights etc i really dont feel like the idea of an additional 6 month when it comes to it although the younger two that i look after get on brilliantly..might have to think about getting one of those sit and ride attachments similar to a buggy board!! are they called a litaf seat or something..not the one hat goes at the side but behind..

TheConfusedOne Wed 01-Oct-08 13:52:44

I have at the moment (wait for it grin)

7.30-4.30 Mom - Fri

SAHMindee1 2.5 years
SAHMindee2 1.5 years
SAHMindee3 10 months

Mon-Fri Before and after school

Schoolie4 5 years
Schoolie5 5 years
Schoolie7 8 years
Schoolie8 10 years

Afternoons Mon-Thurs

Schoolie6 6 years

And from November 17th

SAHMindee1 leaves and replaced by another 10 month old.

I have always had three under two.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 01-Oct-08 15:49:27

guess depends how much you need/want the extra money

3 under 3 is very hard work, plus the other 2 older children

if you did do it, then yes get a double buggy, and poss a baby sling, or double buggy and buggy board - how far is walk to school - one 2yr could walk there and other walk back if not far

ThePrisoner Wed 01-Oct-08 20:34:45

I use a triple buggy.

ilove Wed 01-Oct-08 20:39:04

I had an 18month old, 9 month old (both mine) and a 6 month old...I borrowed a triple buggy...swine to push but the easiest option!

Scarfmaker Wed 01-Oct-08 20:42:12

I wouldn't do it - you might regret it and then be in for some hard work - why don't you wait until the two year olds are better walkers and then take on another one or is this a friend or somebody you feel you can't turn down?

busymum1 Wed 01-Oct-08 20:58:06

if it helps I have
ds2 all time age 2
mindee 1 monday tuesday thursday friday 6.30am until 2.30pm
mindee 2 monday thursday friday 11 til 2
mindee 3 monday to friday 12.30 until 7pm
use double pushchair with or without buggy board for short journeys for long journeys double buggy with single buggy attached with connectors with or without buggyboard

busymum1 Wed 01-Oct-08 20:59:08

forgot to say also do school run am and pm every day and collect between 1 & 3 children

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now