Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Curriculum for Excellence

(5 Posts)
Fadge Tue 30-Sep-08 18:17:29

Any of the Scots heard of this??

Mindee brought a letter home from Nursery about this new framework for children from 3-18 - sounds suspiciously like EYFS..............

hmm

FromGirders Tue 30-Sep-08 18:24:22

I've heard about it, but not felt any impact at all yet. My cousin / b/f has just trained as a primary teacher and is very keen on it.
So far care commission seem more pragmatic about such things, or maybe I've just been lucky with my CCO so far . . .

SimpleAsABC Tue 30-Sep-08 19:32:30

O0o0h this is quite a big deal on our course!

Not much of a diff to what children will be learning, just slightly different slant on it, how they will be learning, seems a bit more social.

Try www.scotland.gov.uk for more info.

Fadge Tue 30-Sep-08 22:25:10

I've not heard a thing about it and a bit worried that I should be doing stuff, documenting etc and I haven't and will get into trouble come inspection time.

FromGirders Wed 01-Oct-08 16:33:00

There's info on the lts website with a link to early years at the bottom left. Only dipped ito it so far, but I think that it's just starting to roll out now, and isn't really active yet?
I tend to assume that the SCMA mag will have stuff in it when it bocomes relevant / necesary. Always good to know what's coming though. I would imagine that inspections are pretty much taken up with grading at the mo, without worrying too much about curriculum for excellence just yet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: