Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Sundays - What to charge???

(8 Posts)
poppymay Fri 26-Sep-08 19:35:01

Hi, looking for some advice on what to charge for weekend work as have no idea what the norm is!

My standard hourly rate is £4.50 (in middle of the going rate for my area).

It will be for 2 siblings and approx 5 hours.

Thanks!

JenniPenni Fri 26-Sep-08 19:39:18

My Sundays are for church and family, so I would charge at LEAST double to have to work that day. People in office jobs usually get paid time and a half on Sats and double on a Sunday, so you should too.

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 26-Sep-08 19:40:30

I have occasionally worked weekends.

I charge double, no reduction for siblings.

HTH

lindseyfox Fri 26-Sep-08 19:40:55

I would say £12 an hr for the 2 of them.

I am a childrens nurse and do some weekend nanny work ad-hoc, and charge £12 an hr for sundays in east midlands and am at the very expensive end of what the going rate is, most people charge £8 an hr on weekends.

I guess you are a childminder from your rates and suppose you could charge more than that but then parents may think its more cost effective to get a weekend nanny.

Elk Fri 26-Sep-08 19:42:01

My CM used to charge double for evenings and weekends.

imananny Fri 26-Sep-08 20:18:26

i charge the same whether weekend or weekday, though do charge double for a bank holiday £10ph

I would charge them £10 -slightly more than your normal £9

poppymay Fri 26-Sep-08 22:06:52

Thanks for the replies, that really is a help!

I was thinking £10 - £12 an hour so pleased to hear that would be reasonable.

looneytune Sat 27-Sep-08 12:41:05

I never usually do weekends as my family time is so precious. Having said that, this week a mindees mum asked if I'd do a Sunday at double time and I said I would do a one off at double time as need the money. She worked out the hours she wanted made it £60.80 and she said she's round it up to £70 as a mark of gratitude I would not even consider doing it for less than double!

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now