Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

YAY its FRIDAY staffroom!

(7 Posts)
eleanorsmum Fri 26-Sep-08 08:58:15

Sun shining, fab weekend planned, dd actually not whining atm!

Going to airport today with one mindee to collect my dad who is over from the states for the weekend! i'm making dd go to school grin but we will both pick her up - she so wants to show him where she goes to big school. Mindee is looking forwards to seeing 'big planes' lets hope we see some!

going to legoland tom for the day then out to dins with my brother and his wife. dad flys out on sunday so it really is a flying visit but great all the same, last saw him in january at my brothers wedding.

So today won't actually feel like work grin!

hope you all have good days and weekends!

coolj Fri 26-Sep-08 09:07:24

Hi EM hope you have a great weekend with your family. I really miss Legoland, I used to live in Reading.

Ive had the week from hell and am going to have an even worse weekend too.

Roll on Monday when I start childminding again. sad

SammyK Fri 26-Sep-08 09:10:43

HI EM - hae a great time! smile

CoolJ, so sorry about your bad news, sending hugs for you for through tomorrow.

I am relieved it's Friday, I've just had one of those weeks!!
Can't wait to chill out. We are off for a meal tonight wth the kids as it's my birthday on monday but DP will be working.

eleanorsmum Fri 26-Sep-08 09:15:30

coolj - thank you and hugs to you. I went through excatly what you are/have this week, back in late march. it sucks but working does keep you focused, make sure you take enough time for your self though. i know being self employed makes that hard but do try. you need time to grieve. please ignore me if i'm waffling but it really helped me to have a memento box which i put all of 'alex's' things in. i can go back to it whenever i need to (will ef will opening it up in october around what would have been my due date). you will never forget the one you lost but it does get easier to keep going. thinking of you, EM xox

coolj Fri 26-Sep-08 09:57:40

Thanks for your kind words girls, I just cant wait till tomorrow to get it over and done with and move on. sad.

At least the sun is shining here, hoorah.

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 26-Sep-08 10:20:18

sad coolj

southernbelle77 Fri 26-Sep-08 13:28:22

Hi all. Mindees both sleeping so thought I'd pop in quickly We've been playing in and also at the park today and it's been lovely. All happy (mostly!) today so it's be great.

Coolj - I hope tomorrow is ok, as far as it can be anyway. When it happened to me (in February and then June) I found getting back to work the best thing but we are all different so you make sure you take care of yourself.

Hope everyone else is ok. EM - you're weekend sounds great so hope you enjoy it. Enjoy your meal out tonight Kay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now