Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

childminders - please help.

(8 Posts)
feeble Thu 25-Sep-08 14:12:13

I wish to become a childminder but have found out my hubby had a caution from the police ages ago. Will this affect my application?

feeble Thu 25-Sep-08 14:17:15

www.preciouslittleone.com/acatalog/strollirider.html

www.preciouslittleone.com/acatalog/buggypodsmorph.html

links sorry
they sell them else where inc ebay cheaper

feeble Thu 25-Sep-08 14:17:54

sorry posted this bit in wrong place!

nbee84 Thu 25-Sep-08 14:26:40

I think it depends what the caution was for.

feeble Thu 25-Sep-08 19:31:54

i think it was assault

feeble Thu 25-Sep-08 19:32:24

that sounds bad . its a long story hes not generally a violent person

chloemegjess Thu 25-Sep-08 19:44:52

It will probably show up but I am unsure if it will affect anything

squirrel42 Thu 25-Sep-08 20:13:59

It would depend on the circumstances and whether the conviction makes him a disqualified person eg. seriousness, whether a child was involved. If its not an automatic disqualification then Ofsted would just generally assess his suitability to be a member of a household where childminding takes place like they do with everyone - they'll take it into consideration. If he is classed as disqualified you can still apply to have the disqualification waived - they look at the circumstances eg. how long ago it happened, how old he was at the time, if there were mitigating circumstances, if his situation has changed.

In summary don't give up as there are always options, but make sure to be open and honest about it. Trying to hide old convictions does not look great on suitability grounds and you just end up looking worse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now