Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What.........no THURSDAY Staffroom?!?!!!

(20 Posts)
looneytune Thu 25-Sep-08 13:29:01

Knock knock, anybody there????? hmm

Maybe you're out enjoying the sunshine after all the rain??

Anyway, I'm putting the kettle on whilst mindees are napping and baby JJ is actually playing happily (for now!). Let me know if you want a cuppa making. Would offer cake but the cupboards are bare

Hope you're all having a good day. Had a TERRIBLE day yesterday and got in a bit of a state whilst cleaning when they'd gone and was in tears for ages. Can't understand how I got in such a state tbh but at the time it felt like the end of the world lol. Anyway, decided not to go to group this morning and sent dh to take ds1 to school as I had terribly puffy eyes when I got up.

Just enjoying a bit of 'me' time now before I go to school with 3 and come back with 6 kids aged 5 and under (GULP!)

Bye for now x

eleanorsmum Thu 25-Sep-08 13:49:05

hi looney - hugs to you hun.
maybe its hormones making it all seem so bad at the moment. were the lo's ok for you this morn? please be reassured you are a fab cm and a lovely person! we must set a date for 1/2 term to meet up!

NumberFour Thu 25-Sep-08 13:50:03

Hi, Looneytune. Just me and you then. I pop in ocassionally so if we've not met before I am a CM in Surrey with one of my own and a few hundred others - or so it seems sometimes.
I know all too well those really hard days. It is a very hard job and the worst of it is that sometimes I feel it is only us childminders that truly understand.
Oh well, with bare cupboards, I am glad I had half a pack of hobnobs before I came in for a chat!!! (blush esp seeing that I have been asking for help with my weight problem on the weight pages!)

6 under 5s?? Good grief! Good luck!!!

TheConfusedOne Thu 25-Sep-08 13:50:23

Have you heard, I'm giving up!

NumberFour Thu 25-Sep-08 13:51:22

Eleanorsmum, I was just thinking of you when I sent my post because of the hobnob disaster and your support you've given me on the other page!

Just popped in so must dash now. Have about 30 min before the babies wake and my 4 year old demands something more of me.

NumberFour Thu 25-Sep-08 13:52:20

spoke to 4 other childminder friends of mine today and they are all giving up in the next 12 months or so.
TCO: do you feel relieved at having made the decision?

TheConfusedOne Thu 25-Sep-08 13:55:32

Yep, not going till the end of the school year, but will be moving so have decided thats it!!!

eleanorsmum Thu 25-Sep-08 14:01:30

hi no4! where abouts in surrey are you? i'm only in bracknell berkshire! maybe we could organise a meet up --support session-- for half term week!

have had a cookie disaster today blush they really shouldn't put things on special offer at the supermarket! am seriuosly considering doing cambridge diet or lighter life. just need to get my new mindee started so i can afford it!

looneytune Thu 25-Sep-08 14:25:43

elliem - thanks mate. Yes, hormones could be a part but so could the lack of sleep now JJ is getting up in the night and the fact he's wanting to feed constantly which isn't like him. I had a nice routine for him, slept 7-7 with feeds every 3 hours (7, 10, 1, 4 & 7) and it's all gone wrong and it's like he wants boobie for everything that bothers him and I don't want this to be the only way to soothe him!! Thanks for all the nice comments, this morning has been better probably because I decided to skip group and have a more relaxed morning.

number4 - have seen you on here but think you started when I was pretty much away (maternity leave). Yes, this job can be very hard and it's not easy for people to understand but I think my main problem is I was pretty much fine until I started back with all the babies being so young, all teething at same time and all having moments of clingyness. Yesterday I had all 3 crying at once at one point and then all piled on top of me and I think by the end of the day when one little thing happened (when finished work), it was the straw that broke the camels back!! Oh.....you got any hobnobs left??? wink And yes, 6 aged 5 and under (13 wks, 17 months, 19 months, 4, 5 & 5). At least it's the 17 month old today and not the 9 month old VERY clingy baby (she's lovely but even harder work). And yes, where are you? I'm in Reading and would be up for a meet up too

Shoshe - Good for you, bet you'll love your new life once you see your house as a home etc!!! I love my job (usually) but am envy as would love to have my house back but then again, I haven't been doing this anywhere near as long as you have!!! shock

Right, just going to have my pot noodle before getting all the kiddies sorted for the school run. Roll on 6pm!!! grin

SammyK Thu 25-Sep-08 16:14:03

Kay comes in and screams into a pillow. Is it clocking off time yet? I hate days like this! sad

looneytune Thu 25-Sep-08 16:33:43

Good idea, will do the screaming in pillow thing right now then grin

I'm also a bit p'd off about something......won't go into it but it's basically someone thinking i'd do a contract for £3.80 a week!!! Honestly, have I got MUG written across my forehead!!

vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 25-Sep-08 17:03:05

£3.80 a week?

i've finished early today as mindee poorly sad my arms are killing me from cuddling a poorly cuddly baby all day - looking after a littlie is knackering me out as i've had all easy 3/4/5yr olds lately.

looney - i honestly don't know how you can do all that? i'd say hormones and exhaustion are bad enough when you just have your own kids.

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 25-Sep-08 17:10:05

Oh dear.

Bad days all round then.

I am v cross with my tutor - bust a gut to do my last assignment, to be honest I rushed the last part, could have polished it more.

Found out that some of the candidates on the course did not submit so have had their deadline extended to the end of October angry

(I must say at this point that I do not know what the extenuating circs were, I bet there were reasons and good ones too, but this has not stopped me from getting my angry eyes on.)

sigh

KatyMac Thu 25-Sep-08 17:58:45

I still have a cold & I am miserable & I got very cross about a thread in media

SammyK Thu 25-Sep-08 19:07:08

link please KM...

Am feeling better now (marginally). Havea hot cuppa at last which I intend to drink every drop of! grin

KatyMac Thu 25-Sep-08 19:13:40

here

SammyK Thu 25-Sep-08 21:54:20

hmm

KatyMac Thu 25-Sep-08 21:55:06

Are you recession proof?

SammyK Thu 25-Sep-08 22:05:17

grin

Oh yeah of course, I am raking it in dontcha know. hmm I have had parents rethinking finances this year, and obviously quality childcare is the first bill to go replaced by cheaper, or free childcare. Can I just say to these parents - cut your hair/beauty/tan bills, nights out, shopping habits, foreign holidays, etc before you reconsder childcare when your dcs are actually happy. shock

Wouldn't people joining the childcare workforce make it less recession proof? hmm

Really tried not to rant and it just did not work. blush

KatyMac Thu 25-Sep-08 22:20:10

exactly hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now