Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

can anyone reccomend a good company that does nanny liability insurance?

(10 Posts)
suzieanchloe Wed 24-Sep-08 16:40:29

Im just going back to work as a nanny after having my own daughter. the family i will be working for would like me to be ofsted registered but before you can do this you need to have public liability insurance. i dont know anyone who is already registered to ask. does anyone have any recommendations? i dont want to just sign up to the first one i come across!
thanks x

Twims Wed 24-Sep-08 16:47:41

Most nannies use morton michael

suzieanchloe Wed 24-Sep-08 16:49:40

hats the one that keeps coming up when i search the web. thanks for tha i will look into them a little bit more x

Emily23 Wed 24-Sep-08 17:06:00

I'm with "voice the union" (formerly pann/pat)

nannynick Wed 24-Sep-08 17:55:06

Morton Michel seems to be most popular provider, I suspect due to them only providing insurance. Insurer: Sterling Insurance

NCMA have a policy available for Nannies who become an NCMA member. Insurer: I think Royal & Sun Alliance. (anyone able to confirm?)

PANN/PAT, now Voice provides insurance to union members. A nanny needs to have NVQ Level 3 or equivalent to join. Insurer: unknown (anyone know?)

Nanny Insure is another provider. Insurer: Hayes Parsons is the broker, can not locate details for underwriter (anyone know?)

I've been with MM for many years now, no issues, but I've never had to make a claim... it isn't until a claim is made that you know how good any insurance actually is.

imananny Wed 24-Sep-08 19:56:07

MM for me - cost me £^60 a year

nannyL Wed 24-Sep-08 20:43:57

MM for me too

phraedd Thu 25-Sep-08 13:47:20

MM for me too as they wil cover me as a maternity nanny and doula

ilovethecake Thu 25-Sep-08 19:42:29

Same for me, Morton M, but i am sure when i called them for advice and mentioned i was about to be Ofsted registered the amount was £55 wink every little helps as they say!!

suzieanchloe Thu 25-Sep-08 21:31:52

thanks guys for all the help! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now