Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Wednesday Staffroom

(10 Posts)
coolj Wed 24-Sep-08 09:22:52

Good morning childminders, nannies and au pairs and anyone else having a look. Has nobody woken up yet or are you all too busy to post.

Hope you all have a good day.

KatyMac Wed 24-Sep-08 12:03:07

Morning

I hab a code - I feel awful & sound ropey too

LoveMyGirls Wed 24-Sep-08 12:04:19

Morning,

AWWW KM go back to bed if you can x

mumlove Wed 24-Sep-08 13:29:16

Afternoon everyone.

I have been busy with the mindees and seeing (hopefully) new parents.

Have been making the most of this dry weather to, so only home for lunch and sleeps.

Have a great day smile

SammyK Wed 24-Sep-08 14:14:26

Afternoon everyone - we have been at ds's nursery this morning (had two 19m old mindees with me) for an art fudraising morning. We had lots of fun and I now have a few more activity ideas up my sleeve too! grin

Hope you feel better soon KM

eleanorsmum Wed 24-Sep-08 14:23:22

we've got wet twice today! once on way to drop in and then again on school walk! (not a run!) really must invest in a decent rain coat for me!
both lo's alseep at mo and dd at school so time to make some all important phonecalls!
desperatly need a new double buggy but cannot justify £500 on the one i really want! might try freecyle for one to tide me over...... till what i'm not sure!

looneytune Wed 24-Sep-08 15:30:23

God what a day!!!! hmm

This time at group my own ds2 was happy being held by another cm who loves holding him but the other 2 were quite clingy (this is not the smallest baby but the 17 and 19 month olds!). Saw the 9 month old I have the other days and her mum said she was clingy with her too so i reckon it's a group thing and i've been through this before so i feel better (still nightmare though).

When got home mindees had lunch fine and were both very tired so thought naptime would be fine but OMG shock NIGHTMARE!!! They finally went to sleep at 2.45ish so I sent dh to collect ds1 from school!

My own ds2 is suffering with teething again (yes, he started at 7 weeks!!!) and is hard to settle and only thing that works when he's in right state is (0)(0)'s!!! angry

I decided when it went calm to make a liver hotpot type thing but since it's been finished it's been a nightmare with ds2 so no lunch yet. He's finally gone to sleep so think I'll go and eat before ds1 comes crashing in!

OMG, I've got 6 after school tomorrow, hope it's better than today! To top it all, my cough has been horrible too

Katy - hope you managed to rest

Hope everyone else is well and having a better day than I am! wink

coolj Wed 24-Sep-08 16:12:10

Im not childminding this week as I am waiting to miscarry. We had a scan on Tues and baby had stopped growing. Need to go to hospital tomorrow for drugs to start me off and go into hospital all day Saturday to clear out sad Wish I only had a cold.

Hope you girls feel better soon though.

southernbelle77 Wed 24-Sep-08 16:13:01

la la la la la la la la la la!!!

Just having a 'moment'! Have quickly come on here for some sanity! 5 under 5's is hard work! (yes I am within numbers!) 2 rising 5's tired after school so are now sat with tv on as they don't want to do anything which is fine. Other mindees winding them up so they are getting miserable and then other mindees getting miserable with them getting miserable itms!

Have resorted to singing loudly when they are all being miserable!! It stops them pretty much straight away (it really must be bad )

Will come back later and see what everyone else has written and reply!

southernbelle77 Wed 24-Sep-08 16:14:01

Big hugs Coolj. I have had the same thing happen to me twice this year so I have total and utter sympathy and my heart goes out to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now