Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Babysitter with degree in pedagogy

(9 Posts)
dianafoliveira Tue 23-Sep-08 18:00:42

I'm a 26 years old portuguese girl with a degree (5 years course) in Pedagogy. I absolutly love children and I know how to explore their skills! I'm very outgoing, friendly and organized!
I'm going to live in London in November. If you need me or if you know someone who needs please let me know. My mother is a children doctor in Portugal and I've worked with children in Portugal too so I can give you some people who can recomend me.
I'm available for interviews and if you want to contact me, please do to dianafoliveira@gmail.com

TheConfusedOne Wed 24-Sep-08 12:07:40

I think you need to put what the degree would be equivalent in England, as not sure what it would mean to parents.

dianafoliveira Wed 24-Sep-08 21:47:28

I've studied many subjects related to education and psychology. It is a 5 years course and we study all child development, special needs, educational strategies....
I have been informed that in England you call it being a pedagogue!
Can you give me a better name?
Thank you very much

legalalien Wed 24-Sep-08 21:58:56

I would be inclined to call it a degree in education and child development. Also, do you want to "babysit" - as per the original message - which sounds like a quite casual role - or do you want to work full time - in which case I think you should use the term "nanny"

Bettyboobird Wed 24-Sep-08 23:08:48

I believe 'pedagogy' is basically the learning of how to teach, and how people learn. I hope that helps? (I am a student teacher and have lectures and seminars in pedagogy!) smile

chloeb2002 Thu 25-Sep-08 00:26:15

Do you want to work in the uk? I need someone but we are in Brisbane!

dianafoliveira Thu 25-Sep-08 09:40:26

Oh! How kind of you helping me!
I put babysitter but it also can be a nanny!
It will depend on the offer!
"Chloeb2002" , I am going to live in London (I don't know where exactly) but if you have a subway near I can do some research to see where is best for me to live, so it won't take long)

dianafoliveira Thu 25-Sep-08 10:12:50

Oh.. how stupid of me... that's in Australia... sorry...! No... I'm really going to uk (London)

dianafoliveira Thu 25-Sep-08 17:26:04

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now