Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

LIVE OUT AUPAIR WANTED

(23 Posts)
saniya Tue 23-Sep-08 14:48:05

I am looking for a live out Female Aupair on a Fulltime basis, Monday to Friday 8am-5pm. I need someone who can work for me on a permanent basis.
I want someone who is able to do housework as well as look after my one year old baby. I require someone who is tidy, loving and caring.
Position start date is in October 08. Salary will be £150 + Travel expenses a week.

incognitoskankybum Tue 23-Sep-08 14:49:33

that's slave labour. you can't pay someone three pound an hour to be your fucking nanny

SmugColditz Tue 23-Sep-08 15:02:03

You are joking aren't you?

I mean, you don't seriously thing a tidy, loving, caring young woman is going to come and work 45 hours a week (plus travel expenses) for £3.33 an hour? You must realise that this is half the minimum amount you should be paying someone like this, and a good £2.40 below the minimum wage - the legal minimum wage. YOu must realise that to employ someone on this basis would be illegal, don't you?

Kathyis6incheshigh Tue 23-Sep-08 15:03:35

That's not an au pair. You are missing the whole point of what an au pair means. If you employ someone you need to pay minimum wage. If they're an au pair not an employee they live in and work max 25 hours.

ErnestTheBavarian Tue 23-Sep-08 15:03:48

you pay peanuts .......

Surely your precious 1 yr old dc is worth more than that?

Skramble Tue 23-Sep-08 15:12:15

You have to figure out what this type of employee is called first.

An aupair is almost always live in, from abroad. Expected to do a bit of housework and mothers help type duties bit of babysitting for older children. Limited hours as they normally do language classes or other education.

Nanny can be live in or out will normally do child related housework only "nursery duties" paid loads grin and you will still pay their tax and NI on top of their net wage. They are your employee. Live out earn more.

Cleaner or housekeeper again live in or out. Any kid of reasonable normal cleaning duties, can be asked to be in for older kids coming home from school and supervise then until parent comes home, wages vary greatly. Can be self employed.

Can get a nanny/ cleaner combination but if carring for a baby this is not normal at all. I if caring for older children nannies may undertake houskeeping duties while kids out to maintain a full time job.

You need to do a lot more research before employing a carer for your baby as a 1 yr old needs an experienced person not an full time au pair.

OneLieIn Tue 23-Sep-08 15:18:43

This is not an au pair and would not meet with the requirements set out by the Home / Foreign office Au Pair Scheme.

For a 1 year old, you do need a nanny, not an au pair.

saniya Tue 23-Sep-08 15:58:01

Well they are many agencies that provide live out aupairs for that amount (…. and there is such a thing as a live out Aupair). Compared to what these aupairs earn here and their country… there is a very big difference.

mummypoppins Tue 23-Sep-08 16:00:08

saniya I would like most of us on here I am sure be very pleased to receive details of the agencies that provide these live out au pairs.

OneLieIn Tue 23-Sep-08 16:06:52

<hi mummypoppins, how's life?>

Saniya, it's not the wage compared to teh country the AP comes from. It is the LEGAL minimum wage that is required, we have this to make sure that people have enough to live on and do not get taken advantage of by employers.

Can you let us know these agencies? it would be interesting to see what they offer.

saniya Tue 23-Sep-08 16:14:49

They are many agencies on the internet if you want to research in your own time.

mumof2222222222222222boys Tue 23-Sep-08 16:17:57

Are you living in the UK Saniya? If so I cannot see how you think your request is remotely reasonably or legal.

ErnestTheBavarian Tue 23-Sep-08 16:25:34

"Compared to what these aupairs earn here and their country… there is a very big difference."

That's a ridiculous statement. The cost of living is also certainly far higher in UK than "in their own country". And the minimum wage is a legal minimum wage.

Smacks of exploitation, I'm sorry.

mumof2222222222222222boys Tue 23-Sep-08 16:30:13

Just pasting this from random website:

What is an au pair placement?
An au pair placement is an arrangement where a single person between 17 and 27 comes to the United Kingdom to study English and:

Lives for up to two years as a member of an English-speaking family; and
Helps in the home for up to five hours a day with at least two full days off a week, in return for a reasonable allowance and their own room. (The current recommended amount for the weekly allowance is £55). FYI we are outside London (just) and pay £65.

When is your au pair going to go to her language lessons? Are you going to pay? Still can't quite believe you have posted this. Any reputable au pair web site will have guidelines similar to these, but with more detail.

jurahasfoundthehiggsboson Tue 23-Sep-08 16:33:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

romegirl Tue 23-Sep-08 16:36:46

i may like this job.

I am 19 and have lots child experience.

I make good cleaning and have family in uk.

How we contact ?

Kathyis6incheshigh Tue 23-Sep-08 16:37:31

The other thing to bear in mind re au pairs is (again, from a random website) "Au Pairs are not allowed to be in sole charge of children under the age of two, and should not be asked to have sole charge of children over the age of two for many hours at a time."

There is a bit of flexibility there with more experienced au pairs, but sole charge of a very young child is really not an au pair job.

LittleDorrit Tue 23-Sep-08 21:16:08

Saniya must be a troll, or she is completely unaware that the days of slavery in the developed world are long gone. In fact she wants someone to do two jobs - nanny plus housekeeper - for a silly amount of money.

Dominion Tue 23-Sep-08 21:21:55

Sanyia, so why do you post here if you have already found agencies who provide this? This is a parenting website, and you are posting in a discussion forum. Why?

justaboutisverydull Tue 23-Sep-08 21:24:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FabioVicePeeperPlopper Tue 23-Sep-08 21:30:15

romegirl look on greataupair.com and don't accept a job from saniya unless you want to starve.

Some people are that mad, sadly, so she may not be a troll.

Skramble Tue 23-Sep-08 21:43:32

If they are living out they will have to find own accomodation and pay other bills etc in this country. So unless they will commute each night back to there own country with easy jet I don't think you could really live on that amount unless they are 17 yrs and still live at home with parents who will charge no rent, great idea for looking after a 1yr old.

Enough I am sure I hear trip trapping.

AnarchyAunt Tue 23-Sep-08 21:52:37

Troll.

I suspect her and romegirl of being same poster.

[miss marple face]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now