Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

need an occasional babysitter in exchange for free room

(9 Posts)
susia Mon 22-Sep-08 22:12:04

Hi I need an occasional babysitter, twice a week (when my son is asleep) in exchance for a free room in lovely house. Does anyone know where to look? I'd prefer to look through ads rather than advertise as I'd like to look through several first. I'm in Bristol.

ingles2 Mon 22-Sep-08 22:14:13

Have you put an ad on gumtree susia? your offer is slightly unusual so I think you'll need to put an ad on tbh.

HRHMamazon Mon 22-Sep-08 22:14:58

I would suggest looking at through the uni ads and trying to find a childcare student.
i am sure they would jump at the chance of a freee room plus the added bonus of an extra credit on their CV.
plus you have the reasurance that they are actually good with children and are semi qualified.

susia Mon 22-Sep-08 22:17:44

yes I was looking there but I would prefer to see if people were advertising. I thought it would suit a student as it would be a good offer really! Room worth about £300 per month and I just need two evenings of about 4/5 hours from about 8pm of babysitting in return. But I can't afford a regular babysitter that often but have room to offer in exchange.

susia Mon 22-Sep-08 22:18:53

good idea about the uni ads and finding a childcare student but where are uni ads? guess I'll look at the student union?

weddingcake Tue 23-Sep-08 11:04:28

I'd call the local universities/colleges that do childcare courses and ask if they have a job shop/ accomodation office. I'm sure someone would jump at it! Good Luck.

armarda Tue 23-Sep-08 11:40:44

TBH I can't see that people WILL be advertising what you want exactly. People may advertise babysitting but won't be saying "I can babysit in return for a room".

squiffy Tue 23-Sep-08 11:50:14

go to the website of your local uni and search through to SU and jobcentre, our local ones have boards you can advertise on.

phraedd Tue 23-Sep-08 11:56:06

you do get the occasional person on gumtree saying that they will babysit in return for a room

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now